What's new

Today - Sept 2012

Are the non blade KEO pedals as easy to work on?

Very easy - you just need the correct box wrench to open them up - however if you are looking to replace the sealed bearings that is a little harder but can be done at home.

Are the non blade KEO pedals as easy to work on?

I think he means the original keo pedals (without the carbon spring)
Unfortunately not so easy, you either need a superrare 18mm ring spanner or the look specific adapter tool for the keo carbons. There's a PDF on the look homepage with instructions.

I think he means the original keo pedals (without the carbon spring)
Unfortunately not so easy, you either need a superrare 18mm ring spanner or the look specific adapter tool for the keo carbons. There's a PDF on the look homepage with instructions.

Not rare at all - picked them up at my local hardware store on the weekend!

Not rare at all - picked them up at my local hardware store on the weekend!

Yours = keo blade pedals 19mm easy
His = look keo pedals 18mm/adapter diff

Completely different pedals, except for the cleats. But if you managed to find an 18mm let me know where, it's certainly not on monotaro

What kind of wrench is needed? I have an 18mm cone wrench would that work?

Yees a cone wrench will work as well as a 18mm box wrench that can be picked up in most cycle store or even 100Yen shops - they are normally intergrated in to multi spanner:

sos%20multispanner.jpg

However I purchased a set like this as the left and right side are different types of bolt and these do them both:

img.php

Today, 30km before work, worked all day (eh, Stu...)

40km after work.

Really getting into my new frame. It is mad. Even just rolling around the streets on it is such a luxury, and when it gets up to speed I just love it.

Just back from training. 10 guys tonight and only one police car. Did a 30min warm up then just took it easy. Still building up my leg power with slow cadence and getting used to going fast again in a small pack of lightning bolts.
Probably less than 40km...not sure yet.
Should ride tomorrow but have a tight schedule...hope I wake up feeling fresh.

Looks like somebody has died on our training course too. Flowers tied to a telegraph pole at the 7/11 traffic lights. Probably somebody looking at their keitai...almost hit two mama chari mobile phone users today and yesterday...
Me: 'Oi!'. Her: (in a mousy I don't give a voice)...'ufufu, gomen, ufufuf'.
Must be suicide attempts some of these people.

Rain most all of today, and a bit of work mid afternoon, but at least 40 laps in the pool. Tomorrow's supposed to be nice.

Wow. Today it was like someone flipped a switch and all the drivers turned into lunatics. 4 near misses in 3km!! About the only thing that didnt happen was having someone open a door on me.
Also discovered that my saddle has broken. Its an 18 month old Specialized Romin and its cracked across at the front of the hole in the middle. Had thought the bike felt a bit "bouncy" recently. Bit disappointing in a £70 saddle. I'll take it back & show the shop but doubt if they will be able to do anything. Luckily I still had my previous one & remounted that. Yay for spares :)

70km pace and LT training in the morning - lunch and sleep. Then Interval session in the evening and then spinning and coaching class in the evening.

Came out of the Gym to torrential rain and an amazing thunder and lightening show in Minatomirai - very refreshing to ride home in it after a heavy session at the gym!

^Love it when it rains. I went out for a walk in it last night. Saranwrapped my phone and went for a wander.

20 hour flight and 10 time zones crossed on Sunday, then the first two of five days with the customer I'm visiting. Three days off the bike so far.

But it's not a bad place to visit, people come here for pleasure:

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

20 hour flight and 10 time zones crossed on Sunday, then the first two of five days with the customer I'm visiting. Three days off the bike so far.

But it's not a bad place to visit, people come here for pleasure:

IMG_3641.JPG

Your customer looks very friendly.

Nice commute to Shin Matsudo today along Eric's 1st proposed TT route and back.. No dead bodies on the river like Monday.
Went slow enough to also be able to go to training tonight...if I don't fall asleep watching TV.

50 laps in the pool, no pedaling.

Will try to do some of both tomorrow.

Also, older daughter home for an overnight to pick up a new passport. Gave her one of my "extra" guitars to take back. (so I'm down to six, and am feeling kind of naked)

Not my month: second puncture in 3 weeks, just as I pulled out of the bank on errand duty. Was near the market, so just took the front wheel off, went inside, and mended it whilst I waited for my lunch. No-one challenged me walking round with the front wheel...is that good or bad??? :confused:

LOL - 3 in a month? Try 4 in one ride and then every ride for a month!

Mike will vouch for it - he even scheduled in "James puncture time" for our meeting at the "Red Chili" for the Sprinters Race.

Another 60km dash around Arakawa this morning. Same as yesterday.

Yesterday the first 50km in 1:25:45. (With Ben for 20km) Today was 1:28:25 Solo except for one 2km straight of wheel sucking. The last 10 km is a cool down.(Sort of)

Legs are hammered, I can't rise from my desk! But I am going to Kyuushu for the weekend so I had to get some pain in before my forced holiday. Packed the jogging shoes as my wife's family live on the side of a mountain. See if I can go for an amble or two.

Back
Top Bottom