What's new

Today Today - October 2015

How do. What's occurring? You've been missing the carnage:
Very much like TheBlob, my injury has confounded every doctor, even the ones who "got" it (they didn't) so I gave up on dwelling it, went off strava and have been basically pushing myself bit by bit to build up a tolerance to the discomfort. Back to doing 200km a week in commuting, but longer rides have so far proven a challenge. Managed a 100km Arakawa cheesefest a couple of weeks ago which was unpleasant but I think a few more of those will be enough to sort me out.

So yeah, basically my cycling regime for the past six months has been like a string of those hardcore anal beads that get progressively bigger. I'm up to the bead that's about the size of a golf ball, but it won't be too long until I try the kiwi fruit.

Very much like TheBlob, my injury has confounded every doctor, even the ones who "got" it (they didn't) so I gave up on dwelling it, went off strava and have been basically pushing myself bit by bit to build up a tolerance to the discomfort. Back to doing 200km a week in commuting, but longer rides have so far proven a challenge. Managed a 100km Arakawa cheesefest a couple of weeks ago which was unpleasant but I think a few more of those will be enough to sort me out.

So yeah, basically my cycling regime for the past six months has been like a string of those hardcore anal beads that get progressively bigger. I'm up to the bead that's about the size of a golf ball, but it won't be too long until I try the kiwi fruit.
Good luck with the Kiwi fruit. Don't forget to report back with how it went.

Mistakenly made a comment on someone buying the new Venge (on Instagram) stating, fairly innocently, that (from a purely subjective P.O.V) I thought it was an ugly bike and the amount of money can be spent better elsewhere on a lot better.

The response was that the buyer needed it because he is so quick.

I presume he is Kittel and I missed something that the bike is the magic touch to shave many, many seconds off of your time (as claimed).

Annual medical check this morning. Doctor again asked me if I did any sports and what was it. I answered cycling and she seemed happy with that. I asked why she asked that and she said I was clocking around 40. In other news, my beard is coming on nicely although it was covered in Barium this morning which was quite funny when I looked in the mirror. They didn't measure my lung capacity... I guess I'll try answering heavy smoker the next time and see if they do that test - always dying to play with that thing.

In my experience this is the case until you start talking about how much you cycle, then the smile turns to a grimace.:warau:

Doctor again asked me if I did any sports and what was it. I answered cycling and she seemed happy with that.

Annual medical check this morning. Doctor again asked me if I did any sports and what was it. I answered cycling and she seemed happy with that. I asked why she asked that and she said I was clocking around 40. In other news, my beard is coming on nicely although it was covered in Barium this morning which was quite funny when I looked in the mirror. They didn't measure my lung capacity... I guess I'll try answering heavy smoker the next time and see if they do that test - always dying to play with that thing.
At least they didn't call you when you were out and tell your wife that you had to go back to get the results and that "something is wrong with your heart!"
Turned out to be a resting pulse of 42...... Under 50 is flagged as irregular :)

Whagwan.

What you up to on Monday? Want to come out for a pusklart ride?
Ey up fella. Monday I'm setting up a photo studio in the bedroom for the missus. I'll see if I can shift it to a different day, though. I'm still a bit Driving Miss Daisy so you'll have to bear with some hardcore wheezing when we do go out.

Got up 3:15 this morning to catch a flight to Ishigaki for a week of family vacation. I bring my bike in order to do some riding on the Island. There seem to be a few small mountains as well as some ocean scenery roads. The garmin is loaded with some segments and routes.

Front;

Extralite UltraFront SPM
CX Ray
38mm 23mm 20h external UD Matte U Shape

Rear;

Extralite CyberRear SP
CX Ray
38mm 23mm 24h external UD Matte U Shape
Sweet. I look forward to seeing some happy snaps. :glasses:

Yesterday's weather was perfect top preride the race course in Hakuba.

12115701_10153603988312808_5116850911474107423_n.jpg

However it rained all last night and still raining now...
Slick muddy climbs are the single speed are the best! :(

Went for a spin with @saibot and @Andy in Tokyo on Saturday. Andy had a date with some Yorkshire tea later that evening so he had to duck out early. At the usual Family Mart we inadvertently bumped into @xDOMx . He had stolen my Nichitsu route and was doing that with a couple of mates. We were also doing the first part of the route so we all rode together. Was very nice meeting him. Hopefully it won't be the last time either.
@saibot and I said our goodbyes to Dom and then found one of the most amazing cycling roads ever. I'm thinking of incorporating it into the Nichitsu ride. With that little addition, I guess we could be close to 5000m of vertical gain for the ride.
I knocked up a little vid of the ride.

Went for a spin with @saibot and @Andy in Tokyo on Saturday. Andy had a date with some Yorkshire tea later that evening so he had to duck out early. At the usual Family Mart we inadvertently bumped into @xDOMx . He had stolen my Nichitsu route and was doing that with a couple of mates. We were also doing the first part of the route so we all rode together. Was very nice meeting him. Hopefully it won't be the last time either.
@saibot and I said our goodbyes to Dom and then found one of the most amazing cycling roads ever. I'm thinking of incorporating it into the Nichitsu ride. With that little addition, I guess we could be close to 5000m of vertical gain for the ride.
I knocked up a little vid of the ride.

Total coincidence but a rad one indeed @leicaman @saibot and @Andy in Tokyo .

With a little better planning and some more training from the other lads we could have actually finished the route but the dam was a great tip.

In future, I'm into joining a ride and hopefully I'm not too far off the pace!

Total coincidence but a rad one indeed @leicaman @saibot and @Andy in Tokyo .

With a little better planning and some more training from the other lads we could have actually finished the route but the dam was a great tip.

In future, I'm into joining a ride and hopefully I'm not too far off the pace!
Did you ride along the road to the other end of the lake after the dam? I love that road.
If you had left earlier you would have had time to tick off Nichitsu too. We might do the ride in the next few weeks so you should definitely tag along. You should have no problems keeping up.

Did you ride along the road to the other end of the lake after the dam? I love that road.
If you had left earlier you would have had time to tick off Nichitsu too. We might do the ride in the next few weeks so you should definitely tag along. You should have no problems keeping up.

Basically yeah mate. Not quite to the end but most of it.

Just bad planning due to never having ridden the area. Think I'll be alright for any such ride (especially as I'll have my compact by then).

October 31st for Nichitsu.

On the Odakyu line now and for the first time in my life using it some jobsworth has told my my fork needs to be covered or I can't ride the train. In reality I know it has always been this way but why let me go 3 years without a word? Still on the train, though init;p

Slow one today around and about and up ura Yabitsu, felt good despite not being on my best. Garmin 800 so have to wait til I get home to see if it was all in my head, probably was.

Dude! I emailed you that las month at least :D

Did you ever meet Steve Rogers? A friend of @Yamabushi who came from England a couple of years back. He will be here again that weekend and something special like that would be good.

Dude! I emailed you that las month at least :D

Did you ever meet Steve Rogers? A friend of @Yamabushi who came from England a couple of years back. He will be here again that weekend and something special like that would be good.
Yeah, I met him with Pete. It was probably the last time I saw Pete actually ;)
I'll have to make sure I can't make the 31st of October of you have the day off ;)

Back
Top Bottom