What's new

Today Today - October 2014

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
September was a great month, with the rain finally easing off and temperatures dropping. I managed a bit over 1000 km, the first time this year. I've already topped the annual total of 2 years ago.

Soon it will be the koyo season (autumn leaves viewing) :)

IMG_3854.JPG

680km for me. Biggest month this year.
Aiming for close to 800km in October.

1775kms - Sept brilliant month weather wise, cycling and work. All good :)

1041km last month, Started the month off nicely with my usual morning riverside laps. 60min interval on the river 289W at 35.2km. Just kept things nicely just under my LT zone. Knees are acting up a bit, not while riding but after. Very str:alien:nge….

Poor month for me distance wise. 855km but this is due to me starting running again now that the heat of the summer is behind us. I'm slowly easing my way back into running so as not to get a calf injury (which I always seem to do).

I was very dissappointed to not be chosen in the Tokyo Marathon lottery draw in September (so much for "all foreigners are selected" ). I'm currently in the process of finding another race to get my teeth into. Maybe a marathon , maybe more :eek:

Surprise rain this morning ride in along with Surprise brake pads no longer gripping. Somewhere near Omotesando a mini-bus entered my lane, likely without realizing how quickly I was going. It was wet and wanting to keep a bit of distance, began the attempt to slow down. I was caught off guard that just how little reaction the brakes had. I was glad this happened while I had ample room and multiple escape routes. The rest of route was taken with great care.

tl;dr; - Even a bit of moisture on carbon rims will greatly degrade braking performance.

Yep that is why I switched from carbon to Aluminium for my mountain wheels. I run carbons on the river runs and don't really spend much time in traffic but you have to be really careful when it gets a bit wet.

Surprise rain this morning ride in along with Surprise brake pads no longer gripping. Somewhere near Omotesando a mini-bus entered my lane, likely without realizing how quickly I was going. It was wet and wanting to keep a bit of distance, began the attempt to slow down. I was caught off guard that just how little reaction the brakes had. I was glad this happened while I had ample room and multiple escape routes. The rest of route was taken with great care.

tl;dr; - Even a bit of moisture on carbon rims will greatly degrade braking performance.

Nothing spectacular for me, distance wise: 747km on the bike and 56km of running. However, I did get quite a few PRs on climbs such as Shiraishi and Sadamine, so I must be doing something right.

Octobers weather is carrying on from September's brilliant one.107kms this morning and PB over route :)

Congrats to @Mlac Peek who got his cyfac back today from an extended holiday in France. Looking superb! Well done mate you have taken your old starbucks steed and turned it into a seriously top looking/ performing bike. With a bit of help from @TCC of course!

Last edited:
I doubt it, @Mlac Peek only gets off his bike for a quick slash and an occasional bite to eat. He is usually to be found gnawing on cats bones from stray cats he has run over and killed doing endless intervals on the Saiko TT course in Wako. You could probably head down there and hide in the bushes and grab a quick selfie as he steams past.

So Google decided one of the photos I uploaded was worthy of inclusion in maps.

The photo was from last years ride in the Chichibu area. Some more have made it up but have yet to hunt them all down.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work in IE9. :warau:

Congrats to @Mlac Peek who got his cyfac back today from an extended holiday in France. Looking superb! Well done mate you have taken your old starbucks steed and turned it into a seriously top looking/ performing bike. With a bit of help from @TCC of course!

New wheels too, which I made for him, after getting my guys to change the cross-polynomial exlax layup on the rims, custom draw the bladed spokes for and re-machine to my specs the Tune hub, as a favour, with added harmonic distortion reduction and side-load enhancement HIV CBBC protection rampings.

Back
Top Bottom