What's new

Today - October 2011

My entire (massive) Wiggle order is being held up because they sold out of the red/black helmet I wanted, so I asked them to switch it to a blue helmet that's in stock... and I never heard back from them after they said they'd look into it. My impatience is driving me nuts here.

Hopefully I'll have my bike in the next two or three weeks?

Did a solo ride down Boso to Awamata falls. Tried the Uguisu Line for the first time. There were more traffic than I had expected :(

Azumino

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to Azumino to ride with my teamates from Equipe Azumino. 120 Km from Azumino to Hakuba, Windy And cold but lucky I greased the feet and dressed properly. After riding solo so much this year it was nice to sit in and have a support car, but there was a few times where I almost puked on myself from pushing so hard! Good times! At the end out of ten riders at the begining only three of us stayed in it til the end as a group and the last part of the ride is our TT coarse for the team training camp so Oishisan (Coach, TOJ Champion, Olympic representer of Japan) was sure to put it to us at the last kilometer. It was great because the first time I met him he poked my stomach and asked if I was pregnant. Today he poked my leg and said that I am strong. I cant tell you how great that felt! Cant wait to go back next sunday and hurt myself some more!

Had to say goodbye to my Mavic Ksyrium Elite's on Friday. When trueing before the weekends rides, discoverd a crack around one of the eyelets. Instantly went to the shop and got the Shimano RS500 wheels as a temporary replacement. For 1man I expected worse - smooth bearings and strong wheel. And heavy is good for training:rolleyes: Definitely a cheaper alternative to open pros. I wonder, how tough the hubs are?

Oishisan (Coach, TOJ Champion, Olympic representer of Japan) was sure to put it to us at the last kilometer. It was great because the first time I met him he poked my stomach and asked if I was pregnant. Today he poked my leg and said that I am strong. I cant tell you how great that felt! Cant wait to go back next sunday and hurt myself some more!

Like it!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

My entire (massive) Wiggle order is being held up because they sold out of the red/black helmet I wanted, so I asked them to switch it to a blue helmet that's in stock... and I never heard back from them after they said they'd look into it. My impatience is driving me nuts here.

Hopefully I'll have my bike in the next two or three weeks?

Sounds a bit unusual to be Wiggle - they usually deliver the first batch quickly and then rest as it becomes available.

Ordered a few items recently and got the first stuff after a few days and then some tyres and then some bar tape and then some more bar tape. My friend the customs man at Narita let all the four packages go through without interfering

I say check in with Wiggle again re delivering the bicycle and other things now and putting helmet on backorder.

Placed the order last Thursday, and it's still not been processed. I guess it's still the weekend over there though -- I can't forget that.

I passed no less than 3 accident's on my commute to work this morning. I think all 3 of them looked like scooter/car incidents.

Maybe it is time to buy a Jeep Cherokee or something for the commute instead?

I am also wondering when the police will start targeting the dangerous behaviour that are causing most if the stupid incidents:mad:

Amazing how good these wheels are for the price, huh? The hubs are fine - old school loose bearing, can't get more reliable than that. And they are beefy enough to withstand just about any punishment. Plus - you get the added benefit of auto 'weight training' !

Had to say goodbye to my Mavic Ksyrium Elite's on Friday. When trueing before the weekends rides, discoverd a crack around one of the eyelets. Instantly went to the shop and got the Shimano RS500 wheels as a temporary replacement. For 1man I expected worse - smooth bearings and strong wheel. And heavy is good for training:rolleyes: Definitely a cheaper alternative to open pros. I wonder, how tough the hubs are?

I am also wondering when the police will start targeting the dangerous behaviour that are causing most if the stupid incidents:mad:

My favorites are:

1. Barrelling full-speed out of a blind side road over the crosswalk.
2. Turning and signaling mid-turn.

Has anyone seen my garmin cadence sensor? I thought I could use my cat eye one but I can't, starting indoor training this week, got down below 8 degrees here last night.

Finally got word back from Wiggle.

I paid a week ago, they lost my payment, then after some talking, they found my payment but had run out of my helmet and bag I'd ordered in the meantime, so I asked if they could just send everything except the bag and change the helmet, communication stopped.

I waited four days or so, then sent another e-mail today; they said they're holding the order because the bag is out of stock and isn't expected back for another two weeks despite me asking if they could just ship it separately when it comes in.

On top of that, due to traffic, my bike is in the workshop for 5-9 business days... so my main worry now is that my order will be canceled as per their policy: shipped in 30 days or order is canceled.

Of course, even if they do ship it in five days, I won't have it til the end of the month! Agggh.

35km street riding on the xc Mtb...with my buddy Shin.... Haven't ripped it up like that in a long time in fact the last time I did I snapped a pair of forks. :D

16km to the dentist. 5km to check up on the soon to be new SEO Shin Matsudo shop...coming together very nicely... then 17km to get home against a nice little headwind..to just grind a big gear and work some thigh muscles.
Training tomorrow night after work.

100kms up the Tama River and back today - roughly Nikotama to Ome. Did the same route last Thursday too. A fair headwind upstream today but could maintain roughly 39km/h in sections on the way back - good times!

today: 天高馬肥 (or: 天高く馬肥ゆる秋)

Learned it the first way when I was in korea, hope I've got the kanji right...

Back
Top Bottom