What's new

Today Today - November 2014

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Thread reposted for technical reasons, as the OP seems to be on a lot of ignore lists.

Cooler temps are here, October was a good month. Lots of nice riding done. An epic and a magalobrevet. 1220km, 10200m vert. RIde on boys!

For anyone interested, a double selfie technique:

1.jpg

I have my reasons for jumping the gun. It's all about making TCC a better place for everyone! Being inclusive and friendly! Also my October rides are over, so now it is November for me!
But by all means keep on posting in the October thread all you like.

Given the coming rain this weekend, I'm thinking of driving my road bike to my office, changing to the trainer tire (either before or after), and popping it on the trainer for the winter.

(two other bikes, so I'm not giving up much)

Early, but it'd be nice to have some weather-independent exercise.

(two other bikes, so I'm not giving up much)

Would one of the two be something like this?

Solovki%20%28dog%20on%20vehicle%29_0.jpg

(Photo (c) Pentti Sammallahti , a copy of whose Here Far Away is worth the dosh, at least for those who enjoy others' photos.)

On Nov 2nd, rode the Chichibu loop... Ate a fish on a stick... Ended up with lots of picturesque images... No punctures or falls... Had a beer or two before heading back to the city. All in all a fantastic day.

If you liked these
img_8727_1_.jpg

You'll love these
CLIF-SHOT-Bloks-Glamour-Shot-1.JPG

I picked some up at Y's Road a while back and downed them today as I rode around in a long sleeve jersey wondering whether or not it was too warm to be wearing a long sleeve jersey; I concluded that it wasn't but a short sleeve that wasn't a lightweight one with arm warmers would have been ok, too. In the morning I put on and took off my Sportful Hot Pack Ultralight Jacket several times and it was a pleasure. I also wore some socks from South Africa and talked to a couple of Japanese chaps about how fast bears can run. Then I proceeded to cycle to a Family Mart I haven't been to in quite some time and then headed home. Tomorrow I have a rare Saturday off and it is likely to piss down all day. I feel much better for having been out on my bicycle all day and regret working so much but I am damned sure I'll enjoy spending the money I earned.

I've recovered from riding the bike of my wife (significantly shorter than me) 5km or so to HiRoad for a checkup, and back. Downhill and on the level was fine, uphill wasn't.

On the way back I was (very easily) overtaken by a familiar-looking vehicle. One of these:

640px-2007-09-08_2581_Borgward_Hansa_1800_Front%2C_Bauzeit_1952-1954_%28ret2%29.jpg

640px-2007-09-08_2589_Borgward_Hansa_1800_Heck%2C_Bauzeit_1952-1954_%28ret%29.jpg

An 1800, but the same colour as this 1500:

640px-Borgward_Hansa_1500.JPG

It has a five rather than a fifty-something registration; I wonder if it's been in Japan since new. Anyway, I pedalled faster in order to catch up with it (stopped at the lights) and take a look, and that really hurt the thighs.

It's odd to think of millions of, um, normal people, doing their legs in while riding bikes about as small for them as this one is for me.

903km in October for me. Biggest month ever.
Felt super-strong in the middle of the month, but increased volume has caught up with me the last week or so.

Aiming for 750km in November as the cold begins to bite.

@snoogly you sleuth! And it turns out there is a silver lining in this cloud!!! One you can all thank me for later.

See wikipedia:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Since @thomas does not ban trolls from this forum, this activity will not stop until people whose main interest is still in cycling move on to some other place.

803km for October, which was exactly the same as September. Had to miss a few weekend TCC rides but should be able to step it up a bit this month.

My left knife wire came loose yesterday causing the pool noodle to make a rattling sound at the ejector seat bridge. All is well now.
1394786_886836774667750_8090228106803351582_n.jpg

Yesterday changed the inner and outer gear cables as since going to 10 speed I did not like the way the cables ran from the handle bar to the frame. Today checked weather forecast and was supposed to be sunny and 18kph winds so set off in long sleeve jersey and thin body warmer. 20kms into ride the heavens opened and pissed down all the way to coffee stop where Stephanie felt sorry for me and gave me extra chocolates :) Headed home still raining and getting worse - for safety used rear light all the way up and back - 107kms total
Total for October 1473.50kms

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom