What's new

Today - November 2012

Perfect day for cycling. Rode out with the Half-Fast Crew to Sekiyado Castle on the Edogawa. Had loads of beer at lunch, then cycled another 20 km to the station just in time for an express train back home. Wonderful. 111 km for the day. Good to have Bloaker along.

edogawa.jpg

Perfect day for cycling. Rode out with the Half-Fast Crew to Sekiyado Castle on the Edogawa. Had loads of beer at lunch, then cycled another 20 km to the station just in time for an express train back home. Wonderful. 111 km for the day. Good to have Bloaker along.

edogawa.jpg

Yes,I agree.
Great weather for cycling today.I also went up to Sekiyado but turned right and went down the Tone River and Unga canal back to Tokyo.

Perfect day for cycling.

Indeed! Rode 177 km with Jose (Jayves) to Chichibu and Nichitsu ghost town yesterday. Taking it easy today, drinking lots of water.

Full report >> here <<

Perfect day for cycling.... Good to have Bloaker along.

I was happy to be there... In the middle... Not quite fast enough, not quite slow enough... Nice thing about falling into the middle - I got to just sight see and ride my ride. - And it since you guys waited for me before getting a beer, there was no prize for being first!

I was happy to be there... In the middle... Not quite fast enough, not quite slow enough... Nice thing about falling into the middle - I got to just sight see and ride my ride. - And it since you guys waited for me before getting a beer, there was no prize for being first!

How many of you went up to Sekiyado and what speed were you doing mostly?
I was looking out for you but I must have missed you.

Our rolling speed when I was with Mike & Co - was 30-34 average I think (I was not keeping too close an eye) - but after 30 or so Km of that, I backed off to 27-29k. At that point I was rolling solo, so I slowed to 25 maybe to watch the gliders and take in some views.

I would say my get up was pretty obvious, yellow helmet, Orange Shoes, Green bike... but then I saw Mike, and I pretty much blended in.

There were 6 total - once we hit the river, we strung out a little. 3 ahead far enough i could not see them and two behind far enough i could not see them...

I would say my get up was pretty obvious, yellow helmet, Orange Shoes, Green bike... but then I saw Mike, and I pretty much blended in.
And I didn't even have my fancy wheels on.

My average speed up the left bank for the 41 km non-stop from the R6 bridge to the castle was 28 km/h.

Bloaker, did you get any footage worth sharing, using your GoPro?

bloaker.jpg

Nice music. And smooth motion. I haven't used my GoPro cameras for a while. Might try them again...

And I did not use the Youtube 'anti shake' thing this time.
I have used it on some videos with the cross bike. Of course those were not always on pavement.

And only 4 major traffic violations in the first 1 and a half minutes. :bike2: At least they weren't red lights... :cop:
Interesting. You're referring to the 止まれ STOP lines at junctions on the roads.

In our group rides, the leader approaches such junctions with caution, and calls "Clear!" or "Wait!" as appropriate. If clear, then the riders behind pass through, each checking for themselves and passing the call back down the line.

At least, that's how it's supposed to work.

The movie is speeded-up, of course. Our average speed on this 2.5 km section was a mere 15 km/h.

The letter of the law is, of course, that every vehicle should come to a dead stop at every STOP line.

So, are you objecting to our riding style, or to the fact that Bloaker posted a movie evidencing what irresponsibly irresponsible scofflaws we are?

What do other readers think?

It's the usual yawn fest cycling POV. But I really like the music. Who is that?

went to good open airs myx yokohama to buy some spare tubes and a quick release seatclamp for my mtb. since i have had my bike repaired there, they actually know me and call me by name which was nice :)

bought a cheap aluminum seatclamp for 800 yen then when i was at the counter they exchanged it for a better/sturdier seatclamp (which costs more) but was 30% off (so it was roughly the same price).

really pays to support your local shop! this shop is highly recommended!

Steve Forss and Robert Coates are two of my friends back in Virginia Beach.
Steve works at a lbs and plays gigs at night.

Steve Forss
http://steveforss.com/wp/
And here is his entry to the BOSS Loop Pedal Contest - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ35q1LUk80

Robert Coates
http://www.coatesmusic.com/

Sorry I can't make handlebars more exciting...
Most videos are to show Japan to my friends back home.

It's the usual yawn fest cycling POV. But I really like the music. Who is that?

Back
Top Bottom