What's new

Today Today - March, 2014

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
The last day of February felt like the first day of spring, it was so mild I didn't need a jacket, let alone thermal underwear. I headed out to the Tamagawa and felt great.

I ended up with 443 km for February as opposed to 444 the year before. For the last three years I've been away for a week every February, so distance is not that great but it's OK. I managed one long ride and am now up to 18 months in a row with a 160+ km ride.

Today my daughter graduated from high school. That means my wife no longer has an excuse not to go out cycling with me ;) I am working on getting her to join me on the 46 km Tamagawa ride I sometimes do and then gradually extending that towards Musashiitsukaichi and Tomin or Takao...

Let's do such a ride together Joe. Last time I led her up onekansen that turned out to be the maximum for now.

Today is wedding aniversary so intened to spend the day with wife and children but things changed as ended up having argument with wife (I booked a suprise holiday for us all in May but she wanted to be consulted!! - would not have been a surprise then!!!) Ended up going out for 2 hours up and down all the hills I could find around here..

Today is wedding aniversary so intened to spend the day with wife and children but things changed as ended up having argument with wife (I booked a suprise holiday for us all in May but she wanted to be consulted!! - would not have been a surprise then!!!) Ended up going out for 2 hours up and down all the hills I could find around here..

LOL, bloody hell mate! Bit harsh that.

Great ride with Phil and Travis today at the Boso Peninsula. It was nice meeting you Travis and again thanks to Phil for arranging the ride- till next time (^^;;

ejyqutap.jpg

2uru8ape.jpg

ugubarep.jpg

ymujasym.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Febuary was a bit of a crap month, what with the Tokyo CX Cat1 race being canceled due to poor weather. Yes a CX race can apparently be closed due to poor weather, although to a us that was akin to canceling a swimming gala due to the water being to wet and then subsequently breaking and fracturing a finger on a training ride I had to spend some time off the bike.

So what did I do? Played Lego in the snow with my son!

The Evacuation of Echo Base, Hoth.
I have a whole load of images, some reenacting scenes from Episode V The Empire Strikes Back if anyone is interested I'd be happy to post.

falcon2.jpg

Yesterday I got a session of Power Tap cafe at GS Astuto. I've always scoffed at trainers, saying why not just ride outside. I've come around. The metrics are interesting and not worrying about traffic is a relief. Found my max heart rate is a bit higher then 220 - age. Was shown what FTP is and what to do about it. Found my watts to kg is about the same as my peers and I will have be doing something get a higher figure! :)

@GSAstuto thanks for hosting the session.

I was very disaponted by the weather this weekend, I had been hoping to get into the mountains for the first Shiroishi run of the year. Not to be so I decided to do a 27minute LT ramp on my trainer instead. I made sure I felt the same by the end... :)

That was my best time too! So good times all round!

Made it out yesterday morning for a damp 50k. First time out in the wet with carbon clinchers but didn't find the braking too bad. Just a case of remembering to dry the rims off a bit with a light pull on the levers before properly applying the brakes.

Been umming and aahing about getting a power meter for a while, and finally ordered a Stages one today. Should arrive at the beginning of April, hopefully just in time for some of these green line rides I've been hearing so much about!

My hills are still frozen, lucky you can ride. You could always take another woman and family as an alternative in May.
LOL - Do not tempt me!!!!
Just returned from short ride - was going to be long (130km) but almost got taken out in local village by **** of an old man in his car - I think he only uses it on Sunday to go to f--king church and has no clue how to drive!!!:mad: Lots of pointing and bad words with his wife shouting at me - I was on the f--king road and he pulled out of his drive....:mad::mad:

Haven't ridden any long rides but I do have some personal milestones ticked off.
March means that I've been eating mostly vegetables and fruits for 4 months now. I feel good but I don't know how I'll feel once I start riding long distances again. It also means 6 months of trying to fix my anemia which probably contributed to those very bad days in the saddle.

On the Y axis perhaps. :)

Long reach handlebars will eventually find their way on to this bike.
nah, just push your seat forward and buy longer cranks to keep your knees centered over the pedal spindle. Or you could just flip your bars up 15 degrees.
Seriously, nice looking bike, some close up pics after you buy a "decent" camera.

31 km in the rain to the Palace and back. I didn't wear my rain gear but it didn't really matter as the shoes were the weakest link in the chain. Once my feet were soaked in what felt like ice water I couldn't get home soon enough. Fortunately that was only the last quarter of the ride.

First timed bicycle anything today, a hilly 20km TT on a road bike in cold pouring rain. Not sure if I raced in Hawaii or Flanders this morning. Official results pending, but I think hand time is near 34:30. Definitely eye opening, now I have a bit of fire to learn how to train instead of rolling around arbitrarily.

Finished building up my new rando / touring / dirt あそび bike today. Frame by Tunesaburo in Chiba.
View attachment 933

Nice looking bike, but I can't help but feel your rear brake line is set up wrong. That's an incredibly long way around to get the job done and wondering why the brake line wasn't run down the rear stay?

Would you mind posting some photos of the seatpost tube, cable guide and other areas that involve the rear brake line?

Back
Top Bottom