What's new

Today - March 2012

I happened to check up your way. It seemed like 8-10 m/s was all over the place.
Yeah 13m/s was the go on Wednesday and Thursday. Snow all night last night and all day today, heavy wet horrible snow. My workout tomorrow is moving it away from the house.

My new train bag arrived today. Really good (thanks FarEast).

I got one of the Pandani ones.

Rode from Setagaya out to the Tama area and back to visit my father in law's grave on this quiet Sunday morning. It smells of spring out there, finally! 53.6 km with 459 m of climbing for some hill training... Some running event was going on on the regular route across the hills that I normally take there, so I explored the area a bit and ended up on the score for three Strava segments.
I see I have popped up on a few strava segments, (Oh look Malte is KOM... Malte are there any segments in Tokyo that you haven't ridden and mastered:cool:)
Same experience here: seems wherever I go, Malte is either KOM or at least in the top three :)

Today my son is due back from his Tokyo-Nagoya bicycle tour with his friends.

(Oh look Malte is KOM... Malte are there any segments in Tokyo that you haven't ridden and mastered:cool:)

Same experience here: seems wherever I go, Malte is either KOM or at least in the top three :)

Yes, I am Strava king of Tokyo :no1:.
Welcome to my kingdom ... please follow the rules :D.

(I would need to ask Thomas to change my member status ;))

In Hiroshima. Cant believe how cold it is. Walked to the top of Mt Misen today in light but steady snow! The previous times I've visited at this time of year my main worry has been sunburn. Havent bought my winter gear so postponing my next ride till Tuesday when its supposed to be at least a bit warmer. Knew I should have packed a gillet.

Almost got run over by a Kei Car while heading towards futakotamaga on the 246 from sangenjaya. The car came from the opposite side and wanted to turn right towards Kanpachi Dori, evidently not wanting to wait for me to cross seta junction:mad:
Gonna use the pedestrian crossing from now on.

Great seeing so many TTC'ers out on Tomin no Mori today.

Also met Tom on the Tamagawa on the way home - such a perfect day.

A very Lou Reed kinda day!

Great seeing so many TTC'ers out on Tomin no Mori today.

Also met Tom on the Tamagawa on the way home - such a perfect day.

Didn't go to the zoo though - did feed the animals though :D

Today (well, yesterday: I've only just recovered)

Rode this route with Naomi-san and Dave (Deltaforce).

Finally felt like a springtime ride - ume was in bloom everywhere and the lower elevations and sunny areas felt warm. Dave even had shorts on!
We saw loads of bikers including TCC's very own James (FarEast) heading up Tomin No Mori as we descended from Kobu Tunnel. We were worried that the Nariki hillclimb would be covered with debris from winter but the local volunteers had done a great job of clearing it for an upcoming trail running race.
Pics in the Gallery.

Today I cycled 36 km from Setagaya to Minato-ku and back again to get my Permanent Cycling Permit stamped into my passport (also known as Permanent Residency to non-cyclists).

I had applied for it together with my last spouse visa renewal, 8 months ago.

1 hour recovery spin and then a deep tissue massage after going up Tomin no Mori on Sunday in 53 -19........actually very happy with the cadence and the speed I maintained.

Very suprising I know as I hate climbs and im throughly crap at them.

I left home at 7:30 and it was freezing then. I was wishing I had charcoal warmers in my shoes. By 9:00 it was much better. Yeah spring!

Almost got run over by a Kei Car while heading towards futakotamaga on the 246 from sangenjaya. The car came from the opposite side and wanted to turn right towards Kanpachi Dori, evidently not wanting to wait for me to cross seta junction:mad:
Gonna use the pedestrian crossing from now on.

I have had the same experience many times at that intersection. The key is to stop passed the crosswalk, almost out at Kanpachi. Watch for the signal of the road coming out from Yoga, and jump as soon as it turns red. Then you can get across before the right turn cars make it into the intersection.

Today I cycled 36 km from Setagaya to Minato-ku and back again to get my Permanent Cycling Permit stamped into my passport (also known as Permanent Residency to non-cyclists).

I had applied for it together with my last spouse visa renewal, 8 months ago.

Congratulations on that. 8 mo seems like a bit longer than I would expect. So now you get rid of the spouse and keep the bike? :p

Met StuInTokyo yesterday. Maybe for the second time.... Good to catch up. Will have to go back for a cigar later....

:smoke:

Back
Top Bottom