What's new

Today Today - June 2014

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
I managed 887 km in May, more than in all but two months last year.

Yesterday I left home in the mid-afternoon for a ride out to Wada toge. On the Tamagawa cycling path I bumped into Jose (@Jayves), who was on his way back from Chichibu (191 km total), still looking as fresh as a spring chicken.

We chatted about upcoming rides and made plans for some rides together in the autumn.

IMG_7590.JPG

I managed to climb Wada and descend again before it got completely dark. On my last few rides there I had left it so late, I either descended or climbed and descended in the dark.

IMG_7595.JPG

I got home again at 21:30, having done 106 km.

This was my last weekend that I could ride before the 600 km brevet on June 21/22.

I will be going on a business trip later this week that includes two weekends. That brevet will be even tougher for me than last year's attempt in September, when I was well trained. I expect it will be much hotter in June than it was in the initial run in September.

Just 53 km today, but that's a nice daily number.

P29-05-14_11.30.JPG May was a much better month than April with 1085kms and that is with days off for man flue and holidays. June started bright and went back to the American grave yard and surprise no problem going in.....

My LBS has the Pinarello Dogma F8 catalogue just in.
¥648,000 for the frame, fork, seatpost.

My LBS has the Pinarello Dogma F8 catalogue just in.
¥648,000 for the frame, fork, seatpost.

I've no idea how the Dogmas (Dogmata?) differ, but other Pinarelli at least give the bemused viewer plenty to read. Forks, chainstays, seat stays (as well of course as the main triangle): each has some explanation or announcement.

All my frame says is "LeMANS" (thrice) and, if you look very closely indeed, a number and "Miyata" something or other.

That's about how much the Rapha with pink stylings matching kit cost wasn't it?
Yeah, but everyone knows that Rapha makes you go 42% faster. I guarantee the new Dogma won't give me such improvements, thus Pink Rapha wins

Was doing a few extra km along the Tamagawa while riding home from work, playing on the lesser-asphalted more-gravelly bits when a sharp stone took out my rear sidewall dammit. Instant decompression. At least it wasn't the front.

I have read about the thousand-yen tyre boot a few times here on TCC but this was the first time I'd ever used it. It worked fine for the remaining 9 km home. Win!

New tyre なう

IMG_1190.JPG

I did a short ride down up and down the Arakawa this morning. As I was passing through Kawaguchi a young guy rode up behind me and rated politely asked if he could jump on the back of my wheel. He looked pretty damn handy on a bike so I said sure. I guess it's nice to be asked huh. He stuck with me all the way back up to the spaceship it certainly got my HR up. Need toxins some people to train with during the week ;).

Rode to work this a.m., and then cruised around mid-aft for 90 minutes+ on the way back.

It's sprinkling a little now, but tomorrow is looking pretty good.

:p:p ;)

Not sure where to put these, a couple thing off rocketnews. First is the "invisible child seat," and I'm not sure about the second.

only_in_asia_04.jpg

only_in_asia_502.jpg

Been away back in Uk for 24 hours and yesterday was busy getting my 2CV ready for its new owner. He came by train from South of France and then drove home -850kms though the night. Managed to get 1 hour on the bike today...

My viewing of TCC homepage has lost all the lower posts - it says bad sector 0...... anyone else have this?

I was so pleased with myself for avoiding buying Rapha gear online (with my due-to-expire-today 20% survey discount) that I promptly ordered almost exactly the same value of gear from the online Assos factory outlet :warau:

It's the first time I've ordered from assosfactoryoutlet.com. Does anyone have any experience with them?

daily commute bike crime?
fender on a roadie? mounted with inner tube strips? or the fact that it only has front "fenders"?

tumblr_n6ptjkBWXb1rvc76go1_500.jpg

* kept my foot water free ... well until it started really raining.

Back
Top Bottom