What's new

Today - June 2010

Miffed that I'm stuck in Singapore with no bike and so nothing to add to finish off this month's Today thread.

FarEast - I live at the top of a steeper hill than that, but will never be persuaded to climb it more than once at a time.

Roll on July - California, Norikura, and what else!?

--HF Mike--

Run ??

I'd love to - but what's left of my left knee would crumble into bits and pieces much like the buildings in Kobe... so, its just extra crunches and swims, hopefully that will do it. But you're right - need the cross training to hit the core muscles harder.

Best way to get rid of it is to run.... can't bloody stand it but for 2 weeks I added a 3 mile run to my daily routine and it worked wonders!

FarEast - I live at the top of a steeper hill than that, but will never be persuaded to climb it more than once at a time.

--HF Mike--

There are some crazy steep hills where I live also, but this one I ride is perfect for power and aerobic training.

Heading out the door to pull some tires - no hills around here ... :(

Just about to head out myself! Hill repeats then off to the shops for inner tubes, tires and maybe some bling!

Mini Triathalon

Today I did a mini-triathalon - biked to Negishi, then jogged a few laps around Shinrin Kouen, hit the pool for a few laps, and biked back home.

Depending on weather, might hit the Izu peninsula tomorrow ~ Monday.

After doing 5 repeats and getting another blowout on my Ultegra 6700 rims went back and got the SRAM S60's managed to do 21 repeats before it got way to hot out there.

Keep hydrated guys, this heat and humidity will suck you dry!

Got some Brand new Vittoria 700x20c Open Corsa CX for a bargain of 3,000 a pair at Y's in Yokohama and finally some red bottle cage bolts.... knocking a whopping 10g off the weight of the bike :D

yeah ...If I lost 2kg in water mass this morning, think what those Toge will be like come August!

yeah ...If I lost 2kg in water mass this morning, think what those Toge will be like come August!

Best to get a TACX Fortius to avoid the heat I reckon James:D I rode the Col de Peyresourde in the Pyrenees in the comfort of my home tonight. What an icredible piece of software/hardware this thing is! With the Catalyst trainer, Real Life Videos, GPS courses and heaps more hopefully I'll see some big improvements in my cycling over the next few months. Definitely over the winter it'll get some good use for sure.

Mike you're going to bankrupt me! Seriously want one of those for the off season ....If I do we should both get the upgrade and be virtual training buddies online!

Back
Top Bottom