What's new

Today Today - January 2015

IMG_9808.JPG

I cycled to Iwai Jinja in Moroyama, Saitama. It was very windy and there was a bit of a drizzle, but it stopped after I arrived there. Had a chocolate-dipped banana at one of the stalls. Then queued and made a wish at the shrine, bought an arrow at the shop and cycled back to my mother-in-law's house.

Akemashite Omedeto!

Happy New Year to all. 2014 was a great year for me. So many fantastic rides with amazing people. Thanks to everyone who I rode with. I loved every second of it. Too many people to mention but you all know who you are. I plan to be back out on the bike from this January as I don't have a marathon lined up to train for. All the best for 2015 everyone.

Just in case I had any mad ideas about going out and trying to have fun on the Earth's 4.54 billionth birthday, I ran my first half marathon yesterday, then finished off some work for a deadline, before falling asleep to Charlie Brooker telling me not to worry, because the world is just the same and as it always was.. mostly terrible. Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year all! I hope 2015 is a fruitful year for all of us. After some more time with a drop handles, I really prefer them over the standard handle bars. :D

Happy new year everyone!
I had a great cycling 2014, 12800km with some really memorable rides.
Looking back on even those days when you question why you are torturing yourself like this with fondness.
Thanks to all those who suffered along with me!
Thanks to @thomas and @TCC for keeping the forum going!

I'm now enjoying a short break from cycling after a fairly heavy December, and relaxing up at the blue monkey lodge taking my daughter for her first skiing trip. Lots of fun!

Looking forward to the shinen megalo brevet Kai it's shaping up to be another epic!

How much elevation or how many km is a tossed shovel-full of snow worth? That's been my last three days.

Compensation:
P1000544copy_zps5d2c49e9.jpg

P1000547copy_zpsba37da40.jpg

Finally got 'round to some maintenance yesterday evening. Among other things, I had not been impressed that the canvas on my Fizik Arione R3 saddle had torn. Noticed this a few months ago but didn't do anything about it.

tear.JPG

Took the saddle off and... wow

closeup.JPG

underside.JPG

I filed a (lack-of-) quality claim with Fizik and they replied to say that they are still on holiday.

Last edited:
Weight limits on wheels were being discussed here a few weeks ago. I wonder if saddles also...? ;)

Weight limits on wheels were being discussed here a few weeks ago. I wonder if saddles also...? ;)
I havent seen any but I am now wary of "anatomical" saddles such as the Specialized Romin as my immense (92 to 98 kg) bulk has killed two of them in under a year

As some of you may be aware, I went on my jollies to Nepal over the Christmas and New Year period. I won't bore everyone with all the selfies I took but I will include a few bike related selfies. In the big cities such as Kathmandu, it seemed like the most popular form of transportation was the motorbike/scooter. There were also plenty of clapped out cars, buses and trucks which created a level of pollution I have never witnessed before. Bikes were used but more as a means to carry heavy objects and were not really ridden so often. Had I rented a bike in the city, I think I would have passed out from the exhaust fumes.

And on to the selfies

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420599961.428224.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420599991.875907.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420600009.939047.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420600033.547068.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420600072.683337.jpg

This Nepali was on his Cannondale, riding in what must be one of the most amazing places in the world to ride a bike. As I took his photo, he informed me that I owed him $5.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420600206.249985.jpg

If only there was a paved road going up that way. Would bring a whole new meaning to Everesting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420600288.825100.jpg

Starlight express. Not really anything to do with cycling but what the hell.

Finally got 'round to some maintenance yesterday evening. Among other things, I had not been impressed that the canvas on my Fizik Arione R3 saddle had torn. Noticed this a few months ago but didn't do anything about it.

View attachment 9776

Took the saddle off and... wow

View attachment 9775

View attachment 9777

What a POS.

I filed a (lack-of-) quality claim with Fizik and they replied to say that they are still on holiday.
Still no response from fu'ki:t customer service :-(

Try their facebook page if it looks like you have no bridges left to burn. But it is still New Years hangover time isn't it?

Still no response from fu'ki:t customer service :-(
What??? A whole two days over the NY period and they haven't got back to you ??? Terrible stuff ;)

Try ordering some lights from China. I ordered some on November 8th and they finally arrived a couple of days ago. Only took three months to ship.

Why not contact the dealer you bought it from first, before going to Fizik direct?

Back
Top Bottom