What's new

Today I bought..

Chuck

Maximum Pace
Feb 7, 2011
Just ordered a bike from Chain Reaction. Cube Attain GTC SL Disc 2016. Carbon frame, Ultegra all around. Supposed to be five day delivery time, so hope to have it up and running by next weekend. Given that I'm doing lots more climbing than I ever used to, figured it was time to bite the bullet and get something a bit lighter and with better stopping power. Can't wait to give it a spin and try out disc brakes up in the mountains.

Wouldn't hold you breath regarding the 5 days delivery time. It might sit in Customs for that length. Having said that, customs is a little hit and miss so you could get lucky and have it for next weekend.

Haha! I usually get my chain reaction orders in just under 2 weeks. Make sure you have some cash on hand to pay for the import.
Also - if your first time using disc setups, be sure you bed them in properly! Discs can & will howl obnoxiously if not properly broken in.

Two weeks, eh? Well, patience is a virtue. (One I don't possess.) Guess this will give me more time to get smart about the proper care and feeding of disc brakes. Had no idea they need to be broken in properly.

Looks like a great bike. It seems like great value for 180,000 yen. I don't know how much you need to pay extra for shipping and customs, but keep us updated OK? I might join your Yabitsu ride sometime just to check out this bike when it arrives :p

Was gonna try to get another season behind me before getting a new bike but CF frame, ultegra set up at 187k was a pretty good deal. Never heard of Cube but they seem to have decent rep. Guess I'll find out soon enough. I'll probably post a couple pictures of the new ride when it gets here.

Off to Yabitsu.

Yeah, where are the pics?

Ordered on the 27th? Damn, that was fast. Mine sat in customs for about that length of time.

Yeah, where are the pics?

Ordered on the 27th? Damn, that was fast. Mine sat in customs for about that length of time.

It was strange. According to DHL tracking info, as of last night, the bike was still in Leipzig. It had done a couple inexplicable loops from East Midlands, UK to Heathrow, to Leipzig and back and hadn't even left Germany. I called CR, asked them what was up. Next thing I know, the bike is in Tokyo via China, through customs and on its way to my house. Delivered at 3:30 p.m. So either the DHL tracking info was not exactly accurate, or the bike went from Leipzig to my house at a speed rivaling an SR71. Not complaining, but it was kinda weird. Must have also cleared customs at a record pace ... and only 10k tax. Can't beat that with a stick.

Looks great. So you got this new just under 20 man yen? Sweet... :)

Bike+shipping+customs = 215k Hydraulic discs, ultegra, carbon frame. This is my introduction to carbon frame and disc brakes so I'm anxious to see how it all feels.

Yes, nice looking bike. Have you got a session lined up for it? Highly recommend one.

sorry Yes fitting, my fingers weren't keeping up with my brain which can never keep up with my mouth. Fitting Session.

Back
Top Bottom