What's new

Today Today - February, 2014

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
January was a good month for cycling - in fact the best January ever for me. 749 km was more than I cycled in 5 of the months of 2013 and 10 of the months of 2012.

Later in February I'll be away for more than a week at an international conference (same as in the last two years), so the distance will be significantly less than in January, but right after I come back I'll be riding my first brevet of the year and I'm looking forward to that.

January was a bad month for cycling. I only managed 202km in the whole month. Running was difficult too as I have been struggling with an injured tendon that runs from my big toe and under my achilles which came about when I rather stupidly decided to combine a speedwork session with a 13km hill training session. I seem to be spending all my freetime (when not running) either icing my leg or stretching. I was able to put in just shy of 400km for the month but wanted to be around 500km. Oh well, I suppose I can't complain. I will learn one of these days.Looking forward to the slightly warmer weather as it is a pain having to wrap up warm before going out on the bike.

University classes put a giant damper on my cycling time this month (and probably until the semester ends in May), but I'm receiving a new Cervelo R3 frame this weekend. A friend and I are splitting a complete. He's taking all of the components, I'm taking the frameset w/ seat post, bb, and headset... so hooray February! :D

January was the wettest ever here so Yay February, what's that, the forecast is for more rain. Bugger. On another subject, I fly to Tokyo 6 weeks tomorrow.

Great month for me - 670km of pure training and the majority done on the trainer ( yeah yeah yeah paint drying blah blah blah)

Feeling much stronger on the climbers and pushing out some big numbers for long periods of time - this week is more about short sharp intervals ready for Tokyo CX this weekend but I'm planing on hitting around the same amount of km for Feb.

Had a quick 50km blast up the Arakawa, as per usual for a Saturday morning. This is the second trip out for my new @GSAstuto wheels and I have to say that I'm very impressed: very smooth rolling and much stiffer than the Giant wheelset I was using previously. They look quite nice, too:

View attachment 715
What's the wheelbase on that bike? Super sparkly clean, too.

It's about 100.5cm. Couple of cm longer than the TCR, from what I can remember. She gets a quick rinse down in the outside shower after a ride. Could do with a proper degreasing, though!

Has anyone seen my Mont Bell bike bag? I had it last Saturday. Today I can't find it for the life of me. Just check under your chair, please.

Did not have much time today as wife's birthday so did some hill sprinting - up as fast until reached max heart rate and then relaxed down to the start for next one.

I was told by quite a few people on this site that I should put my daily rides on here Feb TODAY so why the F--K are the same people still writing in JAN

Did a 44km run yesterday but I can really feel the tendon in the back of my ankle/heel so it looks like I'm going to be back on the bike for the next few days. Most of my running injuries are not affected when I'm on the bike. Gotta love cycling.

So you ran a marathon? I would have sore feet as well.
yep, well just a little more than a marathon. I got to 40km and thought it would be a shame to not do 2.2k more to get a full marathon in. Just as I was finishing I bumped into a friend who was out running so I did just shy of 2km warm down while running with him. It's so much better running with someone.

IMG_5439.JPG IMG_5440.JPG

That is all.

That actually made me spit coffee! LOL

Back
Top Bottom