What's new

Today - December 2011

Sorry to hear about your pain Joe, back pain on vacation just sucks!

Today I did my last run this year to my customer that orders a bunch of large bottles of sake at one time, It thought I was done a few weeks back when they ordered 20 bottles (heavy!) but they ordered their regular amount, 12 bottles today.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/22477382 << Route

I know, not much of a run for many of you, but for me tugging the trailer the hills are hard work.

The first time I ever did this delivery on my old Cannondale with my old lighter trailer, it just about killed me :eek: :D Today, it is no big deal, I even climbed the biggest hill in my 4th gear, just grinding away, stayed seated the whole way up. For me, this is a personal best, so I'm rather happy! :D

Good test of kit for the ride down to Zushi on the 2nd as well, my feet were warm, not super warm, but warm, the rest of me was OK, but if I stop, say at a combi for a break, I might need another layer to pull on to stay warm.

I hope the weather stays nice, I'd really like to do the ride down to Zushi for our friends Shin Nen Kai! Then I can eat, drink and be merry, without worrying too much about it :eek:
Down to 114Kg, I started at 136Kg just over a year and a half ago, went sloppy for a while there, on the last HFC Arakawa ride I was about 119Kg, so I've become a loser again :D I hope to break into the double digts before summer arrives again, got to stick to the skinless chicken and lots of broccoli and celery!

Cheers!

Just received today the results of my annual health check I took earlier this month. Some results show notable changes compared to those from December 2010.

Blood test (notably changed figures only)
Triglyceride(中性脂肪) 130 --> 65 mg/dL
HDL-C(通称"善玉コレステロール") 61 --> 77 mg/dL
LDL-C(通称"悪玉コレステロール") 120 --> 97 mg/dL

Blood pressure 119/73 --> 107/59 mmHg

Basically, I take these results as improvement in my overall fitness:) Just for the record, I started (relatively) intensive and competitive cycling just this summer, and also came to pay more attention to my diet --- what and how much I eat.

, got to stick to the skinless chicken and lots of broccoli and celery!

Cheers!

A few months ago you mentioned that you weren't a cow so why would you drink milk? That got me off diary, so thanks for that. Good luck on the double digit thing, my goal is to drop off another 10kgs next year.

out my office window

Just over a week ago, and today:

rainbow.jpg
snow.jpg

If you are out tonight on your bike, watch out for all the drunks coming home from the Bonenkai parties, holy crap, I just about took out a couple of them drunks staggering into the street to hail a cab! :eek:
If you are out at a Bonenkai and are coming home, stay on the $'*+&#"& sidewalk! :mad:

Got spokes, built wheels, put together last bits on my cx and packed for the north. Made the station at 0605 and now a 3hr shinkansen to launch point alpha. Will ride my cx about 100km or so on the snow roads to the In laws.

Went for a walk yesterday and my back felt much better this morning. Walked some more today. Will try to join my youngest brother for a morning run in the countryside. Snow forecast for New Year's Eve.

Kuhn Elektronik had given me the wrong bank account (typo!), so redid the wire transfer for the bike USB adapter (KECHARGER) today. They're quoting 2-3 days delivery time and I have another full week here in Germany, so should still be OK by the time I head back to Japan.

Nice 40km ride in the snow. Well, mainly on wet road getting hammered by wind and sleet splash from cars. But the last 12km was on compact snow and ice. The PDXs worked great for this condition. And my build is pretty good. Using shimano CX w/micro shift triple levers, tiagra rear and old xt 9speed cassette 11-32 w/ 36 46 on the front and DA chain. The micro shifts are so superior to shimano for cx !! I hate combined brake / shift. And the micro shift ratio is just slightly more over center. Makes for easy shifts and good braking control.

Two or three days off and I'm already bored out of my skull.

Nearly got on the trainer today to liven things up. Ended up watching Bourne films for the umpteenth time and celebrating the beers of Tom's country.

Might go play around on the Arakawa tomorrow morning, or get on the trainer.

Did my last bike ride of the year 2011; LSD on FG bike along midnight Edogawa.
Left at 11:15 PM and returned home at 4:30 AM. Feet got really cold :(, but otherwise felt great:).

Stupid busy at work, been going from 9AM and won't stop until at least 1 AM. Not a lot of deliveries, but a few, mostly just trying to keep the shelves stocked :rolleyes:

My plans to ride to Zushi have changed, and I will now be going on the 1st, then we will stay over and be there to help set up the party at our friends house on the morning of the 2nd, and party the rest of the day! We will stay over the night of the second and return on the 3rd to Tokyo.

Wow, almost three whole days away from the liquor shop.....!

If the weather holds, and I don't over do it at the party on the 2nd, then I think I'll try to ride back to Tokyo on the 3rd.

I know, I know Rule #5, and possibly Rule #9 :D

It's only about 60Km one way, so what's the big deal right ;) :D

Short ride over in Boso today. Chilly northerly wind made things a bit tougher than usual, but no sign of ice on the roads there.

Nice loop through local orchards. Also a chilly wind, but no sign of pavement on the roads! Only snow :) Returned and worked on the snowman. Tomorrow will ride to romantopia ski area and onsen. About 50kmseems the limit my nerves ( passing cars) and cold I can handle.

another 45min in the pool today, they're closed tomorrow and the next, monday will be the next paddle.

also been browsing shops like this in taiwan

that top center mini velo looks really attractive--and tho maybe not perfect, probably close enough. (the fractionally lighter sram red version)

I have also been doing some shopping / window shopping. 'Tis the season. But those prices do not look the best. I have been looking at getting a Ti road bike from that neck of the woods (Sram Rival and under 8kgs) and the prices in yen look about twice as dear as this: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/lechamp_ti_heat_rival.htm Too bad they don't deliver to Japan, but it suggests there may be better deals out there, no?

Set up my home gym today/yesterday. I don't recall using it since we moved here about 6 years ago! :eek:

At least I can work the legs now and not use the cold as an excuse... ( now where is my roller??? :confused: ) Warming up for some long January rides...is in order.

ikedawilliams, if you've found cheaper sites, please list them...! ;)

I'm only guessing, but as with local shops here (up to about 20% off the tag), the prices listed in the link I posted would maybe be negotiable.

Had a bit o a funny feeling in the back of my right knee after 80kms on Thursday. Tonight walking up the stairs it feels like something is popping out of joint as I extend my knee. Not painful as much as unusual and a little uncomfortable. Better get on with an Internet self daignosis. Nothing like starting the new year with cancer of the knee joint or something :warau::(
:warau:

Back
Top Bottom