What's new

Today Today - April 2016

A taxi comes in from the right, suddenly and sharply. Customer spotted?

MAH03044(1).jpg
No, they're not boarding, so without even coming to a full stop it's time to swerve back in the fast track and hit that gas (what cyclist?!)

MAH03044(2).jpg

Today's fun activity.... Packing away the winter kit in a box in the cupboard and lining up the summer kit in the cupboard.

Man cave, today. Tried to sort out the chain and front derailleur rubbing issue on the Cannondale, but failed. Next weekend it's going to the LBS (I think it's 500 yen or something).

IMG_20160410_154854.jpg

Reactions: PSB
@luka I always store my bike with the chain in the small ring at the front and a small ring at the back. That way the rear (and front) derailleur is not stretched out, so its springs are under the least amount of tension, which in theory should keep the springs springy for longer, and maybe extend their life. All your bikes are in the big-big combination. Not sure where I picked this idea up, but there you go.

@GrantT thanks for the tip. I wonder if anyone can give some objective input on this. It certainly seems plausible, but again, there are instruments designed to be always kept under tension, like string music instruments etc. I never thought about this before, and it seems a bit of a pain to shift around every time you finish or want to start a ride, but if it would help in prolonging the life of the mechs or their capabilities I would surely consider it... I haven't had any issues with the other two bikes though. This one starts making noise already half way down through the cassette in the big chainring, and the last 3-4 sprockets at the back are really horrible.

DSC_0257.JPG

I did another solid week of training this week.

Under the guidance of @Doug3 I'm paying more attention to rest and recovery.

4 hard days and 3 easy days last week:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2016/04/build-3-week-2-1.html

Next Sunday we'll go to the JCRC race at Gunma CSC. A small field with a few pros in the mix. I hope to work for Yamada san who has great form at the moment and more importantly, never complains about my demands to hit the road at 4am...

Andy

http://www.jyonnobitime.com

Shared part of this morning's commute with a bit strange fellow cyclist. Tri-bar, but he rode it all the way in the small ring and the smallest sprocket (secret fixie fan?)

MAH03045(1).jpg

Also, he would run red lights and elbow himself between a moving bus and a taxi like this:

MAH03045(2).jpg

Certainly willing to take much more risk with his life than cowardly me...

Cool morning, got the long finger gloves and toe warmers out of the box but it was still fine for shorts. Another superb morning for riding.

and tonight you unpacked it all again?

Was out on the Onekansen Sunday waiting at some lights. Group of guys pull up behind me on their bikes. Sometimes get some real hitters on the Onekansen, and there was a hill ahead so I was calculating my strategy on how to pull away. Then they started having an enthusiastic conversation about the new model of jawbreaker sunglasses that had just come out. I knew I was safe.

Oakleys are where it's at.

Last edited:
On YouTube today and noticed, early in the 'car park crit' version of the Cycling Maven vlog, that someone was wearing a familiar jersey...Is this the same as the one floating around here before?!

Untitled.jpg

Ha ha ha! Yeah, Let's go on that loop again, it all ended so well last time!
Right, who has the pics of Owen in this kit on their hard drive?

On YouTube today and noticed, early in the 'car park crit' version of the Cycling Maven vlog, that someone was wearing a familiar jersey...Is this the same as the one floating around here before?!

View attachment 13717

Ha ha ha! Yeah, Let's go on that loop again, it all ended so well last time!
Right, who has the pics of @D'Pioneer in this kit on their hard drive?

Ah don't get me wrong, not trying to wind anyone up, just random to see that kit at a car park crit in Melbourne!

And here we go again. Piss taking out of nowhere, from people I thought I was tight with.

Do you not see how shit this is? If you do it as a direct reaction to something I have said or done, then fair enough, but this isn't. It is unwarranted ganging up.

I don't give a fuck about the content; it is the group sledging out of nowhere which is mental.

And here we go again. Piss taking out of nowhere, from people I thought I was tight with.

Do you not see how shit this is? If you do it as a direct reaction to something I have said or done, then fair enough, but this isn't. It is unwarranted ganging up.

I don't give a fuck about the content; it is the group sledging out of nowhere which is mental.
Give over. I was obviously only joking, and still love you like a brother.

Man, from my perspective, I was just surprised to see the jersey in Melbourne.

No offence intended.

Now you have shown such extreme sensitivity to an issue as silly as what clothes you might have worn in the past, it is obviously our duty as your mates to remind you of it regularly!

Actually you should be more upset at those that haven't joined in the frivolity!

Now you have shown such extreme sensitivity to an issue as silly as what clothes you might have worn in the past, it is obviously our duty as your mates to remind you of it regularly!

Actually you should be more upset at those that haven't joined in the frivolity!

Either you are purposefully misunderstanding the issue I have with this, or you haven't read my response fully. Seeing as you previously did actually acknowledge it via email, the last time I highlighted what was wrong with all of this, I am going to hedge my bets and say it is both of these scenarios.

This behaviour leads me to conclude the main error in your latest post;

theBlob said:

Back
Top Bottom