What's new

Today Today - April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left knee done in playing football in the park while right knee seems to be healing up nicely. In the meantime, if you've ever wondered what true misery looks like I'll be dragging myself through the water in a 3 km open water race Sunday. Starts 9:30 on Zaimokusa (材木座) Beach. へ(* ´ー`)_

There will also be guys and girls walking around with little to nothing on, so something for everyone.

This picture could not possibly have been photoshopped, could it? I mean, we all know cyclists in Alaska are so tough, they go out riding in shorts and short sleeves when there's snow on the ground (except on the patch in the background visible between the cyclist's legs). And cycling at a 45 degree angle to the direction of the road must be because he's taking evasive action.

Pulled the trigger on a GT Grade Claris. Was really shooting for the 105 equipped model but unfortunately they did not have it in L size. Excited to be riding my first ever road bike! Coming from an mtb only background I wanted disc brakes so I came up with this model and saw a Tiagra-equipped one in Akasaka and I thought it looked beautiful!

Thanks to @wendy, I also checked out the Giant store in Futakotamagawa Station. The attendant was good enough to let me try a disc equipped carbon Defy Advanced 2(?) but I thought the price was too steep for me (195000++) and I was not really looking for a carbon bike.

Looking forward to riding the bike with baggy shorts and SPDs! Hopefully I could join a newbie ride with you guys.

Kabayan @wendy, salamat ulit at sana makasama ako sa inyo in the future!

This picture could not possibly have been photoshopped, could it? I mean, we all know cyclists in Alaska are so tough, they go out riding in shorts and short sleeves when there's snow on the ground (except on the patch in the background visible between the cyclist's legs). And cycling at a 45 degree angle to the direction of the road must be because he's taking evasive action.
^ that's Joe-speak for "LOL".

The patch between his legs is obviously another rider's knee. Photoshop level: Hubbard.

However, @ProRaceMechanic experienced this for realz not so long ago on Gonbee-tōge. Isn't that right, Chuck? Bear's breakfast...

^ that's Joe-speak for "LOL".

The patch between his legs is obviously another rider's knee. Photoshop level: Hubbard.

However, @ProRaceMechanic experienced this for realz not so long ago on Gonbee-tōge. Isn't that right, Chuck? Bear's breakfast...

Yeah, anything like this is obviously 'shopped'. I just thought I'd throw it out there for the day's trivia.

I've been taking it easy all week, just three shopping rides, that's it.

In the morning I'm planning to head out for an Oume Temple Loop (by @Deej) from and to Setagaya, about 180 km. Then spend Sunday with my wife.

11174505_10153198470282808_8488434849640517461_o.jpg
11170352_10153198470297808_8031852877688475095_n.jpg

The Yokosuka group got together today and had a great ride. Smaller group than the past couple weeks, but that didn't hurt the good time.
The temps were just enough to let me know it is gonna be time for 2 water bottles soon.

DNF at the 3 km open water race today. Only me and the 'enthusiast' guy who swims in full army kit (cammo, boots, ammo bags, etc.) without a wetsuit. Big mistake when the sea is just 13°C (that's 17°C below the local pool). I got 2 km in before retiring to shore to spend the next hour shivering my core temperature back to a normal level.
DSCN2095.JPG

Grant--2km when it's 13C!?!? Congrats on having done that much!

DSC_0426.JPG

Yesterday I met David (@dgl2) on the Tamagawa when I was on my way to Oume for the temple loop. His new wooden Renovo bike looked beautiful.

The loop was hard, as always. 187 km with 2500 m of climbing for a slightly shortened version of Deej's original route, as I was running out of daylight and it was getting cold.

DSC_0447.JPG

I went to check out Arima for the first time this year. The plan was to go as far as the landslide but the road had been cleared. So, I continued on down, looping round Chichibu Sakurako, then climbed Arima again from the other side.

There are still locked gates at the bottom and top of the climb on the Chichibu side, but the road surface is good; the Naguri side is pretty patchy.

1.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

killing of persons through the eye socket with unmentionable appendage - none;

Don't know why you even bothered going out then.

And be honest; your ride was pretty much the polar opposite of this picture, wasn't it.

Mail Attachment.jpeg

Bear hunting season is fully open now (as long as you keep your phone charged and are very clear on your Grindr account that this is what you are looking for. I would imagine).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bear+Hunter

LOL;

"Mr. Billy Brown is a straight family man by day, but when night comes, he's a bear hunter who hits up all the right places in the Castro. Things sure do get hairy."

Straight family man by day, hardcore Stravr queen as soon as the suit comes off. Way more common than most people think.

Did my first metric century today - 104km, 3750m climbing. I was far too ambitious with the amount of climbing and one of the climbs being a forest road didn't help. Hopefully I'll have the time to do something closer to my level soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom