What's new

Tips for recovery from IT band injury

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Have decided to leave the bike alone for the rest of this year. Will still pursue a definite diagnosis and hopefully treatment, but until then going to avoid aggravating it altogether. My perfectly healthy knee:

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
After actually beginning to enjoy running (only because I can't ride) I've found it does aggravate the injury, with pain coming on around 10-15 km into a run. While I do stop as soon as I feel pain, I've decided to avoid the risk of what running might be doing and give it up until next year (along with riding). So back to racing grannies in the pool for the rest of this year.

Right now I'm wondering if an arthroscopy might be a good idea to see exactly what might be going on.

Last edited:

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
After actually beginning to enjoy running (only because I can't ride) I've found it does aggravate the injury, with pain coming on around 10-15 km into a run. While I do stop as soon as I feel pain, I've decided to avoid the risk of what running might be doing and give it up until next year (along with riding). So back to racing grannies in the pool for the rest of this year.

Right now I'm wondering if an arthroscopy might be a good idea to see exactly what might be going on.
I must admit, I was pretty surprised when you said that running didn't aggravate the injury. Must be killing you not being able to run or ride.

Top Bottom