Tips for Japan road map (in English) and insurance!?

supadupafly

Warming-Up
May 25, 2011
London
Hi, I'm from the UK and will be in Yokohama for a few days next week, arriving on Monday 27th and leaving very early July 2nd. This will be my second trip to Japan and I really don't know my way around at all. I'll be bringing my road bike with me and I'm hoping to do some day rides while I'm there.

I have a garmin 800 but have all but given up trying to download open source maps on to it, seems beyond my technical know how! Does anyone have any tips on where I can get a good compact road atlas for Japan in English? I've not really seen any for sale on Amazon and as time is running out I'll probably have to get one when I arrive. I don't speak Japanese and I'm wary of getting lost and not being able to communicate!

Also, do I need (or should I get) some sort of liability insurance for riding in Japan, where would I get this from?

I'll be staying in a hotel right by the waterfront in Yokohama so if anyone has some free time next week and would like to join me for a ride let me know. Anything from 30-120km is good by me, nothing too hardcore just be good to meet some like minded people and see some of Japan by bike.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Email Sent.