What's new

Race Time Trial Japan series

Flying ! Great stuff!!

I have a question, what is the time trial Japan series? Does the winner go to the olympics? Or are there other series that determine things like that?

You were held up by a slower rider? Why would they not start the fastest at the start of the event to avoid this situation? That or increase the interval time between starts. BUT well done, the faster guy was he on wind catching wheels as well? Wind is a bugger with disk wheels eh?

Flying ! Great stuff!!

I have a question, what is the time trial Japan series? Does the winner go to the olympics? Or are there other series that determine things like that?

The series is devised to get more people into TTs. They are few and far between in Japan unfortunately.

The TT champion of Japan is determined at the "zen nihon" national champs. Select races are used to qualify for this but you'd have to be Japanese to ride zen nihon. Whether or not the winner rides the Olympics is I guess down to the discretion of the Olympic Committee.

The current champion may ride at Saiko again this year so it will be a chance to compare...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Last edited:
You were held up by a slower rider? Why would they not start the fastest at the start of the event to avoid this situation? That or increase the interval time between starts. BUT well done, the faster guy was he on wind catching wheels as well? Wind is a bugger with disk wheels eh?

Riders go off in reverse order.

Fastest last.

The advantage of this is that you can know the times to beat to an extent. I used this for my pacing strategy to beat OPN rider Yamamoto san in the first stage.

This time I was only focusing on my time from January (12:25).

The winner this time did 12:46 and set off an hour before me.

He had less wind to deal with. These flags had blown over by my 3rd lap!

DSC_2609.JPG

In hindsight I should have had an eye on his numbers but I was more concerned about the podium finishers from last time who set off just before me. I beat them convincingly but was 0.4s down on the winner.

The winner changed wheels after his warm up.

http://yu1.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2018/01/27/みんなのタイムトライアルジャパン_2nd_stage_フレンドリ

I only had the deep ones with me as there was no more room in the car.

We'll set off together at stage 3 so there'll be no excuses then!

Andy

Damn, he has some serious money tied up in just his wheels. March will be fun. No ice hopefully. Good luck.

I'm amazed that the U18 category has so few participants. Your boys rock for getting out there. Do none of their friends ride at school? I had 3 in my class riding at the age of 11 in a small town in Ireland. Used to be so many kids racing that they had many categories. Is it just time trials that don't draw in the kids or don't kids ride here?

Is it just time trials that don't draw in the kids or don't kids ride here?
The latter in my experience. Our local club has rides but if kids are imprisoned bu 部活動 they have SFA chances to get away and do other stuff. Outside the mainstream is outside. I have started to draw in JHS aged kids into our Sunday morning rides but their teachers bust their chops for missing team practice, even though they practice 6 friggin times a week. The smarter parents ignore the teachers as these kids want to ride bikes as soon as they get to high school anyway.

Young kids ride their bikes around here but like Simon says, once kids enter JHS they become absorbed in the club activities.

One of the main goals of this series is to attract young kids and improve the solo power of riders in Japan. As this article explains:

http://funride.jp/interview/asada-tt/

I think this guy is pretty spot on.

Other events have "kids races" but they tend to be short and non competitive.

The other organisation that actively promotes kids races is the JCRC, which have multiple kids categories at each race in the series:

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/

Andy

Back
Top Bottom