What's new

Time traveler RIP

@bloaker will you be there? I'll bj e heading down the Arakawa and then hopefully joining up with you all at the point where you guys jump on the Arakawa. If you guys get there early then hopefully I'll spot you all as I'm riding south
i am here. Just did a little solo ride around for the sake of getting my brain/heart straight.

Pulled up to the gate 30 minutes early and the rain started.

I'm on the Arakawa heading south now. Will do a u turn when we see you guys. People are still riding if it rains yeah?

Hmmm I've got all the way down to the point you guys get on the Arakawa. Have I missed you?

I have ridden with Kevin many times,though I tend to ride with his wife. He occassionally joined us girls and put up with our slow speed even providing a wind break when it got a bit too windy. He was always a great friend to ride with.

I have had he pleasure of meeting his two wonderful daughters who are a credit to him. I can`t imagine what they are going through right now.

I will never forget his friendship, the bad jokes (there were few) and his wonderful attitude. I will always be grateful for his help and support, especially retrieving my bike from the police after my accident and for visiting me in hospital and providing much needed escape from the boredom.

Rode this morning along most of our first ride together and it was an emotional ride to say the least.

I was waiting for more than an hour in the end, but finally met and greeted the group. At least those who did not zoom inches past me and my hollers like @leicaman @Half-Fast Mike etc. @bloaker noticed me belatedly, before I realized I have to be more forceful and literally stand in their path to be noticed in the headwind and rain. Really wish I could have joined everyone, but at least I'm glad I was able to say hi. Tim has organized a great thing here. Stay safe everyone...

I was waiting for more than an hour in the end, but finally met and greeted the group. At least those who did not zoom inches past me and my hollers like @leicaman @Half-Fast Mike etc. @bloaker noticed me belatedly, before I realized I have to be more forceful and literally stand in their path to be noticed in the headwind and rain. Really wish I could have joined everyone, but at least I'm glad I was able to say hi. Tim has organized a great thing here. Stay safe everyone...
Sorry mate. There was a side wind hitting us so must have been hard to hear and my glasses were fogged up and with the rain on them, had reduced my visibility to about 20% @bloaker did mention that he noticed you

No probs, it's understandable - in hindsight. When I saw you and S.ma speeding alone I thought the group ride is finished and you all split somewhere downstream. It took a while for the batch 2 to pass, before the peloton arrived ;)

It took me a second, but I was trailing the lead group and had to keep pace for a bit!!!
I thought - non-asian standing in the rain in the middle of nowhere....... @luka !!!!

nothing in those blurred pics can be connected back to him, and even if it could I don't see how it could ever bother anyone.... and it's not like this forum has billions of visitors either ;)

Please remove the photos. They'll be on the net forever and his kids my not want them to be seen...
Peter, they are pictures of people paying tribute to Kevin by placing one of his bike rims in a tree. It's a memorial. Nothing offensive at all.

Apologies if any offense was caused - that was not the intention at all. I cannot edit the original post but if the moderator wishes to remove, that is fine with me.

Apologies if any offense was caused - that was not the intention at all. I cannot edit the original post but if the moderator wishes to remove, that is fine with me.
Sorry also for my reaction... I don't know the details so it was a little alarming. All I saw was a body in a tree.

Back
Top Bottom