What's new

Time to feed the bears

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi all,

Hope you enjoyed your lukewarm beds and soft pillows during the winter break, but with Kusatsu race on the horizon it's no time to dwell in oblivion - it's time to wake up and feed the bear inside you.

Which is why, Thomas and I decided to head to Kumagaya The Bear Valley on Feb.6 to eat some ramen and gyoza (it was very very delicious last time we've been there). The ride is an extremely flat fast ~180km-long course along Arakawa.

Here's Thomas's record of our previous trip:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16932923

We'll start from Tokyo station early and won't ride in the rain :)

Please, join!

Hello Sergey,

I am interested to join. Let me check with my friends if they are interested too. I also need to check my gf's sched since it's her bday on the 5th.

Hope I can join this ride.

Cheers!

Great! I hope you can find time to ride. Your friends are welcome!

Hello Sergey,

I am interested to join. Let me check with my friends if they are interested too. I also need to check my gf's sched since it's her bday on the 5th.

Hope I can join this ride.

Cheers!

Sergey,

this sounds a great idea - unfortunately i already have something planned for feb 6th . but if the date changes count me in. As well as feeding the bear, when the sun comes out I want to feed my timetrial bike in preperation for the tri season. Is this route suitable for timetrialing ?

Hi Peter,

this sounds a great idea - unfortunately i already have something planned for feb 6th . but if the date changes count me in.

Sure, just let us know if your plans change favorably :)

As well as feeding the bear, when the sun comes out I want to feed my timetrial bike in preperation for the tri season. Is this route suitable for timetrialing ?

I think that this route is very much suitable for timetrialing. There are gates and bumps now and then, but the remaining 99% of it - is just pure hammering.

Hi Sergey,
How's your recovery going? I'm doing so so. :)
As you already know about the date, I've got a race and couldn't join your ride. Please count me for the next plan, and I wish we could ride sometime together.
Thanks, :rolleyes:
Kimm

Kumagaya Loop

Hey Sergey,

I'd like to try this. I don't have much experience in a pace line. But, I have improved a bit since Tsukuba San ride. If I can't keep up, I'll drop out so I don't slow you guys down.

Andy

Hi Sergey,
How's your recovery going? I'm doing so so. :)
As you already know about the date, I've got a race and couldn't join your ride. Please count me for the next plan, and I wish we could ride sometime together.
Thanks, :rolleyes:
Kimm

Thanks Kimm, I'm still feeling my back but hopefully it will be alright soon. Good luck in your race!

Hey Sergey,

I'd like to try this. I don't have much experience in a pace line. But, I have improved a bit since Tsukuba San ride. If I can't keep up, I'll drop out so I don't slow you guys down.

Andy

Pace line? noooo, usually we just find the fittest guy in the bunch and ride behind him till he colapses, then we find a new victim - it's much easier this way :D
Anyway, looking forward to ride with you again!

Dou shiyou?

I just read about Phil's Winter Boso ride, and wondered if this ride had been cancelled.
Apparently not, but "Darn it!" Now I have to make a decision:confused:
yyeeppp.... I think I'll go with the Arakawa crowd!
I haven't ridden it in ages, and it's closer to home. Besides, them Boso hills always kill me. Sorry Phil!
>Sergey: Exactly what time are you heading out? And, where exactly along Arakawa are you going to join the cycling road (name of bridge, or main road)?
See you there!
T

I haven't ridden it in ages, and it's closer to home. Besides, them Boso hills always kill me. Sorry Phil!

No worries at all Travis, Sergey's ride was up first so it's the official one. Ours is just a slow(ish) tootle for the wimps, which you ain't... :D

>Travis & everyone who joins

For the meeting time and place - I am thinking 8.00 at Yaesu Central Exit (outside of Tokyo station). Roll out - not later than 8.30.We then take rt.10 to reach Arakawa.
If you join at Arakawa, please, check the route from Thomas (I think it's gonna be pretty much the same) - I don't know the bridge name, and it's hard to explain as there are two routes #10 over Arakawa.

I only want to avoid riding in the dark - therefore 8.00

I may jump in on this one - though need to gear up a bit... You guys don't mind riding with a fixie do you?

Sergey,

Are you planning to ride back to Tokyo or take the train?

>Andy
it's a pity, next time then

>Yair
Plan to ride all the way back to Tokyo/Shinjuku st. and take train home from there.

>Alan,Naomi&GSAstuto
See you there!!!

I'm in!

Thanks for posting, Sergey. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Deej

Back
Top Bottom