What's new

Tech Time RXS pedals - losing metal retainer wire ?

kubatyszko

Speeding Up
Jul 29, 2012
Hi there, I have TIME RXS carbon pedals on my road bike and RXS First on my fixed gear, and somehow, the carbon ones managed to lose the metal retainer wire TWICE.
Last time it happened maybe a year ago, and now last week again.
Interestingly - both times, the screws that hold it in place were still there.
I have no idea when it happened, I realized when it's much harder to clip in (since missing wire means the latch is closer and the cleat needs more pressure to open it).

So, last year I thought - ok, maybe it's just bad luck, got the cheapest used RXS on auction and transplanted the wire, but since it happened again, it's time (pun intended) to start asking questions - has this happened to anyone else ?

time-first-pedal-zoom.jpg

Cheers

Hmm, kind of opposite to you.
I like my RXS - and those are the GOOD ones ( some say the only good TIME pedals ), I wouldn't trust those new plasticky models.
My experience with LOOK for a change was pretty bad, had the carbon blade model for a month, the blade snapped in half, couple meters further into the crossing and I would have been a +1 on a list of cycling accidents in London. Got full refund, went with TIME and never looked back.

Never looked back, apart from the spring constantly breaking.

If you like them, what are you asking for feedback for?

Never looked back, apart from the spring constantly breaking.

If you like them, what are you asking for feedback for?

The wire inlay issue - as stated in the subject. I'm not questioning the pedals, I like them and won't stop using them.
I was hoping to hear if any other members had similar issues.

And therein lies the problem. You need to look back so you can spot when the metal retainers fall out. They sound like great pedals ;)

If only I know where I lost them, must be along my 10.5km commute though.
Oh wait, maybe I need some kind of magnetic sweeper that will catch the wire as it falls ;)

Cheers.

The wire inlay is part of the pedals. If that is continually breaking, then the design in wrong. Which is to be expected with Time.

Back
Top Bottom