Time iClic bearing life

Sep 2, 2009
The bearing in my iClic seems to have developed a load of play in them. Both pedals are loose, but the side I usually clip-out of when stopping at lights is worse.

Shimano bearings have always lasted a hell of a lot longer, but I don't want to go back them as they cane my knee, and the Time float is just wonderful.

Anyone else had poor bearing life with these, and have you managed to service / repair them?

Cheers

Sep 2, 2009
Well, serviced them myself.

If anyone else is interested in doing this, let me know and I will post the details.

Cheers.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Interested to know if you were able to remove the cups to remove the axle.

Its a custom part and there isno tool on the market to remove it so very interested if you did manange to get that off.

Sep 2, 2009
Sorry for the delay in replying.

Well,

I bought a new set, and decided to use the old set to experiment on.

You are correct in saying there is no tool to get the cap off.

Combination of brute force and a vice got it off (would not recommend this, if you don't have a back up pair).

Inside was your common or garden bearing setup. Cleaned it out and greased it, them put the cap back on with glue.

So yeah, if anyone is experiencing loose bearings, you are going to have a hassle sorting it, unless you have a vice and are willing to go at it like a tramp eating chips.

:eek:uch: