What's new

Training Ride Thursdays. Arakawa Saiko Training Thread

Yes, why not. I'll be there this Thursday for a lazy spin. @Mlac Peek if you can plan a light day
For my return I will be happy! Lol! As for the map.
Do a segment search for PD 12.1 on strava. That will show yOu the course.

Where are you coming from Hans?

I'll be at the meeting point at 6am on Thursday. Be warned though, what @leicaman says is entirely true and it will now probably rain from Thursday morning non-stop for at least a fortnight.

@theBlob i will set the pace at your leisure and make sure you have every opportunity to enjoy the tree sprints - I know you have secretly been building bionic legs and having an Arc Reactor implanted during your absence. All this talk about hurting your back just doesn't wash mate. Pffft!

@Hans - welcome, hope to see you there!

Anyone else fancy a gentle early morning spin?

Coming from Gotanda.

Can someone give me the address?
Segment Ninja did not show up on my screen.

That's a long ride from Gotanda Hans. More than an hour for sure.

Do a google map search for aya lake toda saitama prefecture. You can see a small bridge in the middle of the lake if you zoom in. Meet on the right hand side. If you are late just ride anti clockwise and we will run into you around the lake.

@tigerkamen I'll meet you at the bridge next Thursday at 6am for a session if you'd like. I'll post here to confirm sometime on Wednesday.

Gday all! I'll be at the meeting point at 6am tomorrow morning for anybody who wants to come out for an early morning spin. @tigerkamen?

I'll be out for a ride. Maybe not by 6 though! Probably more like 6:20!

Cheers @tigerkamen, thanks for coming out - it was nice spinning and chatting with you. Keep up with your morning rides and you'll soon be up to speed!

Out before dawn for a few laps with Mr. Peek. I was hoping for one of those super clear sunrises, with Fuji in the distance. Alas a few clouds were out so the daylight just crept up without the grand entrance I was hoping for. On the flip side the temps were up a bit as a result with the riverside temps at -1. My nice new woolly socks worked well as i survived with only toe covers on. That won't work when the temp is down around it's usual -2 to -4. Anyway nice and quiet all the summertime folks are waiting for Summer so its still and empty...

Embarrassingly I found myself puffing as I was chatting to Mr. Peek. Looked down and saw I was hitting a whopping 29km/hr.... clearly I have a way to go to recover my form of old...

Out before dawn for a few laps with Mr. Peek. I was hoping for one of those super clear sunrises, with Fuji in the distance. Alas a few clouds were out so the daylight just crept up without the grand entrance I was hoping for. On the flip side the temps were up a bit as a result with the riverside temps at -1. My nice new woolly socks worked well as i survived with only toe covers on. That won't work when the temp is down around it's usual -2 to -4. Anyway nice and quiet all the summertime folks are waiting for Summer so its still and empty...

Embarrassingly I found myself puffing as I was chatting to Mr. Peek. Looked down and saw I was hitting a whopping 29km/hr.... clearly I have a way to go to recover my form of old...

You missed this one earlier in the week - no Fuji but the mist and frost more than made up for it. i think it was around -4ºC...
Arakawa 12-1-16 050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom