What's new

Thursday Intermediate 12/23

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
As I have to work from the 24-28th before I can run off on my tour, I'm planning one more Tokyo-ish ride on the 23rd.

roll out 10am from Takao. Yes, I know it's late and we might finish in the dark. But I'm planning and that's my preference:p

A 'B ride' led by a 'B- rider' ?? I have perhaps overestimated myself.:eek:

Takao, Otarumi, Uenohara GC, Kobu tunnels, Kazahari, return from Ome.
http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/v...245776?sms_ss=google&at_xt=4d0eb3e2c37a89a1,0

Same as the last intermediate ride I 'organized.' If fixie people join, we regroup at the bottoms of the hills.
I will be going my usual speed up and slower than usual down as there may be some frost... If the road is seriously icy we turn around.
Not a noobie ride but not a scorching speed either.

Let me know if you're interested.

Takao, Otarumi, Uenohara GC, Kobu tunnels, Kazahari, return from Ome.
http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/v...245776?sms_ss=google&at_xt=4d0eb3e2c37a89a1,0

"SORRY kori currently shares this route with their friends. If you know kori add them as a friend ."
roll out 10am from Takao
I like the later start. Please confirm is this 10 a.m. from JR Takao Station or Keio Takaosan-guchi Station or the conbini?

(Seems I've just bumped a cartilage and not broken a rib. Doctor suggested I stop whining.)

Kori there are still problems with the link.
The only route I can see is "Rt 20 "Halo" back roads".

Family Mart? 711? Just verifying since IIRC there's a 711 and a Family Mart down the road from the Takao Station exit.

Looks interesting... maybe a good chance to try my (still) virgin climbing muscles! Since this will be my first hill climb I might end up going dead slow or even walk the slope :eek:, won't mind getting dropped though!

..but I am still thinking should I really do this one or rest few days before doing the Tokyo-Kyoto err... Kyoto-Tokyo tour??

Kazahari (the biggest climb of the day, but not the steepest) was my one and only hill climb before my first tour too! ... not that I would recommend such foolishness:D:D
Have a map in case you change your mind about so much climbing and dress well-- sweaty going up, chilly going down.

HI Kori - I'll come and help you on this - need to burn some kcals prior to Xmas dinner. I'll probably ride out from Shinjuku if anyone else is interested. Probably departure on 20 / Tokyo Opera City at 8.00am - that should give plenty of time to reach Takao by your 10am start time. (Only 22kph average)

I think I'll join... good way to test my ability to climb. I have to do it someday, anyways...:eek:uch:

Just to make it fun, please wear at least 1 article of 'Santa'. I'll be riding Full Metal Santa for this one. In fact - I think its appropriate to co-label this as the <un> official Santa Kazurhari Schnapps and Barfy McBarfington Memorial Ride.

I'll just stop sucking my gut in and let the belly jiggle then.

I will do the ride but depending on how I feel I might peel off earlier. Haven't been feeling the best for the past couple of weeks now.

I will at the very least fix my santa hat to my helmet.

I will consider wearing my ridiculous santa dress that I bought for a party this year. Some how I think it's wicking and insulation properties are inferior... but whatever.

Tim-- it will be great to ride with you again. I promise I won't be as much of a wuss getting up to the Kobu tunnels.

Rommel and Badar-- looking forward to riding with you guys!

HF Mike. Rule #5. I'll see you there.:angel:

You said it yourself first!

But if a cracked rib is going to puncture an lung and you're going to die or something, by all means stay home.:(

I hope you feel recovered enough to come. ;)

The things are getting pretty hectic before my tour, chosing a departure date to be just the day vacation start is worsening the matters more... I fear I will not be able to make to this run :(

I so want to come but... its such a shame that I can't. Will be looking for similar trips after my tour.

rommelgc, your loss mate. What a fantastic day out. Thanks, everyone!

The muscle fatigue helped me forget about my ribcage.

Definitely made the right decision to bail when I did.

directionsignneu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom