Thursday Intermediate 12/23

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
formerly Kichijoji, now Portland OR
As I have to work from the 24-28th before I can run off on my tour, I'm planning one more Tokyo-ish ride on the 23rd.

roll out 10am from Takao. Yes, I know it's late and we might finish in the dark. But I'm planning and that's my preference:p

A 'B ride' led by a 'B- rider' ?? I have perhaps overestimated myself.:eek:

Takao, Otarumi, Uenohara GC, Kobu tunnels, Kazahari, return from Ome.
http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/v...245776?sms_ss=google&at_xt=4d0eb3e2c37a89a1,0

Same as the last intermediate ride I 'organized.' If fixie people join, we regroup at the bottoms of the hills.
I will be going my usual speed up and slower than usual down as there may be some frost... If the road is seriously icy we turn around.
Not a noobie ride but not a scorching speed either.

Let me know if you're interested.

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Takao, Otarumi, Uenohara GC, Kobu tunnels, Kazahari, return from Ome.
http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/v...245776?sms_ss=google&at_xt=4d0eb3e2c37a89a1,0
"SORRY kori currently shares this route with their friends. If you know kori add them as a friend ."
roll out 10am from Takao
I like the later start. Please confirm is this 10 a.m. from JR Takao Station or Keio Takaosan-guchi Station or the conbini?

(Seems I've just bumped a cartilage and not broken a rib. Doctor suggested I stop whining.)

rommelgc

Maximum Pace
Sep 3, 2009
Setagaya
Kori there are still problems with the link.
The only route I can see is "Rt 20 "Halo" back roads".

Family Mart? 711? Just verifying since IIRC there's a 711 and a Family Mart down the road from the Takao Station exit.

Badar

Warming-Up
Sep 24, 2010
Tokyo
Looks interesting... maybe a good chance to try my (still) virgin climbing muscles! Since this will be my first hill climb I might end up going dead slow or even walk the slope :eek:, won't mind getting dropped though!

..but I am still thinking should I really do this one or rest few days before doing the Tokyo-Kyoto err... Kyoto-Tokyo tour??

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
Kazahari (the biggest climb of the day, but not the steepest) was my one and only hill climb before my first tour too! ... not that I would recommend such foolishness:D:D
Have a map in case you change your mind about so much climbing and dress well-- sweaty going up, chilly going down.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
HI Kori - I'll come and help you on this - need to burn some kcals prior to Xmas dinner. I'll probably ride out from Shinjuku if anyone else is interested. Probably departure on 20 / Tokyo Opera City at 8.00am - that should give plenty of time to reach Takao by your 10am start time. (Only 22kph average)

Badar

Warming-Up
Sep 24, 2010
Tokyo
I think I'll join... good way to test my ability to climb. I have to do it someday, anyways...:eek:uch:

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Just to make it fun, please wear at least 1 article of 'Santa'. I'll be riding Full Metal Santa for this one. In fact - I think its appropriate to co-label this as the <un> official Santa Kazurhari Schnapps and Barfy McBarfington Memorial Ride.

rommelgc

Maximum Pace
Sep 3, 2009
Setagaya
I'll just stop sucking my gut in and let the belly jiggle then.

I will do the ride but depending on how I feel I might peel off earlier. Haven't been feeling the best for the past couple of weeks now.

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
I will at the very least fix my santa hat to my helmet.

I will consider wearing my ridiculous santa dress that I bought for a party this year. Some how I think it's wicking and insulation properties are inferior... but whatever.

Tim-- it will be great to ride with you again. I promise I won't be as much of a wuss getting up to the Kobu tunnels.

Rommel and Badar-- looking forward to riding with you guys!

HF Mike. Rule #5. I'll see you there.:angel:

Badar

Warming-Up
Sep 24, 2010
Tokyo
The things are getting pretty hectic before my tour, chosing a departure date to be just the day vacation start is worsening the matters more... I fear I will not be able to make to this run :(

I so want to come but... its such a shame that I can't. Will be looking for similar trips after my tour.