What's new

Thursday, Board Meeting at Yabitsu Toge

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Mike, Sergey and myself are planning a board meeting on Thursday at the top of Yabitsu Toge all are welcome to join.

What time? Depending on weather and work, I might be able to drop by.

Ludwig, aiming for a morning start.... not sure on the time waiting for Mike to let me know what time we are meeting.

Mike if you could post details here of rolling time from 7-11 and meeting time with Sergey on 246??? That will allow others to see if they are available to join us....

Oh and I honestly don't think this is cappuccino ride.....more a hostile takeover meeting!

I was thinking of riding out after the game, i.e. very, very early, and returning pretty early too so I can still work in the afternoon.

I was thinking of riding out after the game, i.e. very, very early, and returning pretty early too so I can still work in the afternoon.

Ludwig, we're gonna meet Sergey at the Sunkus conbini on R70, near R246 at 10:15. If you're riding out James and I'll be at the entrance to North Yabitsu (R70/R64) at 9am. Maybe too late for you, but you could let us know if you plan to be there or not?

James let's meet at the 7-11 at 7:30 am, that should give us enough time to roll there with fresh legs for the newly in form Sergey. It's gonna be attacks galore:D Usually the plan is first ascent moderate, then second one full on! We'll get in about 150km tomorrow,,,, with 3 ascents of Yabitsu, one from the north and 2 south ones! . Can't wait for the fun and games:bike:

Got your pm's Mike,
I'll see you at the usual Sunkus tmr, 10:15

If I join, I would want to join from the north approach. Which 7-11 are you meeting at? Somewhere in Kawasaki/Yokohama? What route are you taking to Miyagaseko?

If you PM me your keitai mail addresses, I can let you know tomorrow morning what my status is.

OK, if I make it onto the bike, can we meet at the 7-11 just one crossing after you cross the Sagami river on route 40?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=35.443365,139.36595&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=35.443392,139.36596&sspn=0.002426,0.005493&ie=UTF8&ll=35.443103,139.367269&spn=0.004851,0.010986&z=17&start=0

That's about 10km from your starting point (and 40km from my home), so I think you should be there around 7:50. Means I need to start a bit after 6am, and will e-mail you James before I leave that I shall be on my way. No message no Ludwig.

See you probably tomorrow, Ludwig

Ludwig, a heads up mate, I don't jump traffic lights so be prepared;)

jealous and just wondering...

You guys appear to be able to freely take off any day of the week :) ! How come? Perhaps I should change my job so I can do the same...:D

Whatever the reason, you picked the right day in terms of splendid weather ! Have a powerful ride (and watch out for thunderstorms :eek: in the afternoon)...

Just lucky I didn't have any meetings or calls this morning, but I have now been safely at work since 2pm...

It was a great half day out - though I had to bail out after one Yabitsu climb each from north and south and not join the third again from the south, so I could make it back on time.

Mike was a bit unlucky with a puncture that was not easy to fix.

Great pace overall - though also plenty of resting. I had plenty of opportunities to push my heart rate to 170 and was pleased to know that at the same speed, James had the same rate, but less pleased to realise he could push it up a lot further while I could not. Remarkable how James, Mike and Sergey have been upping their performance recently.

What a ride!

screenshot5uj.jpg

Mike had some real bad luck with two punctures and due to time restrictions I had to leave him on the mountain. Mike really sorry about that and hated doing it and I waited at the summit till 1:18.

I hope the tube I passed you did the trick. I got home just in time to let Tsukino in after putting the hammer down on the way back.

Sergey..... man you are a monster. Very impressive climber! Ludwig, always a pleasure!

A very nice half-day out - and a double Yabitsu fitted perfectly!

It was real pity Mike could not join the action of the day properly - two punctures prevented him from clocking his new record time.

I managed to clock my personal record, which still 2 minutes away from Mike's best, but I am getting there :cool:

James, Ludwig - see you again soon!

Yabitsu gets the better of me!

Thanks for the company today guys and sorry to keep you waiting on your first ascent. What a nightmare for me! I desperately need to find 20mm rim tape or I'm going to keep getting punctures through spoke holes in the rim:mad:

Thanks for the tube and patches today gentlemen. I got my last puncture descending the north side and then ripped the tube as I was putting it in and that was the end of me! No more patches, tubes......ahhhhhhh! Luckily a very generous US pilot was also making his descent and offered to pick me up as he had his car parked at Miyagase. Thanks Reed if you're reading this. I just got back home now, what a day:confused:

Mike, glad you got rescued again - first by James's genius, then by a friendly stranger.

I wonder why it always happens on descents. Do you break a lot with your rear break? Of course this can't be the only cause, because I have never had a puncture because of heat, even when getting both wheels to glow. In fact, have had only one punc in 20,000km, running at fast speed through water and not seeing a nasty stone. Running Continental tyres with Continental tubes on wheels that don't require rim tape.

Mike, glad you got rescued again - first by James's genius, then by a friendly stranger.

I wonder why it always happens on descents. Do you break a lot with your rear break? Of course this can't be the only cause, because I have never had a puncture because of heat, even when getting both wheels to glow. In fact, have had only one punc in 20,000km, running at fast speed through water and not seeing a nasty stone. Running Continental tyres with Continental tubes on wheels that don't require rim tape.

Ludwig, it must be as the tube heats up it expands and pushes even harder through the exposed gaps in the spoke holes due to narrow rim tape. I've never had such problems before. The electic tape I had on today was very cheap and the adhesive back didn't hold, causing it to fold up and expose the holes once again. HED claim the wheels need 20 or 22mm rim tape, which seems very rare in Japan after about 10 calls to different shops. Just ordered it at Chain Reaction. I'm gonna get some super strong tape tomorrow, wrap it around the rim and then put a rubber 18mm rim tape over the top until the 22mmm Velox tape arrives. Hopefully that'll get me through the weekend. No more punctures please:pray:

p.s. having said that though, after the damage sustained at Fuji on the back wheel I think I must be braking on the back harder. Something to think about, and to test once the new 22mm tape arrives.

Sergey, well done on the very fast time. You've improved very quickly over the last few weeks and I'm loving our rivalry. Hope we can set something up for Saturday. Stay tuned, I think Yanagisawa toge is a coming!!! woohooo

Back
Top Bottom