What's new

Ride THREE PEAKS FUJI

Adam Cobain

Maximum Pace
Jul 1, 2014
threepeaks.png
Ladies & Gents,

Welcome to Three Peaks Fuji 2016.

The latest one day classic from RideJapan. On the 4th September 2016, one massive cycling odyssey awaits.

We would like think of this event as the toughest single day cycling challenge in Japan and it is designed to be a near impossible test.

The asking is simple, the doing is far from that. The majestic and iconic Mt. Fuji is your battleground.

Our challenge is this:
Ride all three climbs, the 23.4km Subaru Line, the 26.4km Skyline Road and if that was not enough, finish with the diabolical and infamous 11km Azami Line. A total of 5400m in vertical ascent across the 240km course.

We here at RideJapan think that while that is tough, it is not nearly enough, hence, we give you 10hours to complete it.

Ride it solo or as a team of 3, but however you choose to ride, the time is ticking.

Celebrate the journey with a post-ride party at Lake Kawaguchiko.

Visit www.ridejapan.org or contact us at [email protected] for more information.

@TokyoLiving isny it obvious? 12 hours wouldn't really be a challenge. The difference between 20kph Av speed with 5400m of climbing and 24kph is huge. Most people could possibly be able to scrape by in 12 hours. 10 hours......... And you are really pushing it.

I must admit, when I first read it, I thought "hmmmmm, that doesn't sound so challenging". Then I noticed the 10 hour time limit. Suddenly , probably every rider I know, except @Adam Cobain himself, would probably fail to do it within the time limit.

Sure obvious (sarcasm intended) I was seriously considering it and trying to convince my Sunday riding buddies to give it s go. But they looked at the ten hour cutoff. So we were just thinking why ten hours? None of the guys I ride with could do it in ten and they are stronger at climbing then I am. Anyway, a simple answer would have sufficed. But now I will take his advice and not ride it. Such is life...

@TokyoLiving

I do apologize for my response. However, I think you are missing the point of the ride.
It is designed that most will not make it. I expect only 30% of participants to finish it in the time limit.

But that is not the point of the challenge.
The point of it is to go out and ride with mates on this epic undertaking and give it go. You just never know...

I enjoy creating courses and tours that take cyclists beyond what they think is possible. Extreme suffering results in extreme camaraderie.
Just ride and enjoy it, regardless of whether you think you can finish it in 10 hours or not.

Best.
Adam

The explanation seems to be there in the first post.

"it is designed to be a near impossible test."

Looks like a great challenge. I'm out the country though, so it will be a great challenge for everyone else to try.

The 10 hours is a gift! It allows you to turn around before the Azami line. 4200m and 200km in your legs you're really going to get up the Azami line? Ha ha ha! That's funny!

My other comment is why Sunday? The BBQ after will not be possible for those that have work the next day.

My other comment is why Sunday? The BBQ after will not be possible for those that have work the next day.

I agree. Would be good to book 2 days in a hotel down there, travel down on Friday night, do the ride on Saturday, have the BBQ after, stay in the hotel for another night, then go home on the Sunday...

For those who have work on Monday, it will be a pretty grim days work too.

What's a ride without a challenge or two?
I, for one, am damn keen on this, despite the fact that I would most likely be incapable of completing it within the 10 hours.
Whatever I get done of it will be my own personal challenge.

All very good points and I will look into this for the next events, but as far as I can remember, every big ride/race I have done over the last 30 years has been on a Sunday.

The ride is Sunday 04 September, may look to do BBQ on the Saturday evening.

Good plan! My comment was not really about the ride day just the bbq!! Obviously we can all see where my priorities are! Ha ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom