What's new

This sat: He who dares!

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
This Saturday, weather permitting I plan on riding the hallowed slopes of Matsuhime Toge. This is a beast of a climb, around 20km of nothing but up:confused:

With races such as Fuji and Shuzenji around the corner this will be a good ride to hone those climbing legs. Once again it will be an advanced ride, so if you join expect to have difficulty talking, let alone breathing! Meet up at Big Chilli and ride out there at a moderate pace (yes we should be able to chat here a bit anyway), then flat out up Matsuhime and limp home from there.

From Big Chilli it's around a 110km loop, but close to 3000m of climbing....pain baby pain. For me it'll be close to 200km for the day so I think it's better to leave a bit earlier than usual. Hope to see a few of you on this one.

Date: Saturday May 12th
Time: 6:30am - Hon Atsugi Station / 8am - Big Chilli (Junction of R517/518)
Course: http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/90058363/

Last week I blew up big time on Douzaka Toge, had my right SRAM Red shifter completely fail, and got completely drenched in a torrential downpour. Surely this week will be better, please please cycling Gods:cry:

The week before my rear mech failed, so I have now ditched the SRAM, and won't use it ever again unless they replace the parts which were one month out of warranty. I've replaced everything with Ultegra...very happy so far and sure is smooth and quiet!

p.s. Gunfire, you get a special invite as I enjoyed the pain you dished out last ride;)

Still have sweet memories of last time we did this one when you were experiencing mec troubles (again!) with that HED wheel and when James (FarEast) showed up in the morning a bit "overtrained" :cool:. Sergei beat us all back then.

Should I join this one or go for the Ghost Town ride and finally get to meet Pete and his buddies :confused:? If Nitchitsu is on Sunday...I could join both! Nah...better not - got to save some munition for TOITO:D.

This Saturday, weather permitting I plan on riding the hallowed slopes of Matsuhime Toge. This is a beast of a climb, around 20km of nothing but up:confused:

With races such as Fuji and Shuzenji around the corner this will be a good ride to hone those climbing legs. Once again it will be an advanced ride, so if you join expect to have difficulty talking, let alone breathing! Meet up at Big Chilli and ride out there at a moderate pace (yes we should be able to chat here a bit anyway), then flat out up Matsuhime and limp home from there.

From Big Chilli it's around a 110km loop, but close to 3000m of climbing....pain baby pain. For me it'll be close to 200km for the day so I think it's better to leave a bit earlier than usual. Hope to see a few of you on this one.

Date: Saturday May 12th
Time: 6:30am - Hon Atsugi Station / 8am - Big Chilli (Junction of R517/518)
Course: http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/90058363/

Last week I blew up big time on Douzaka Toge, had my right SRAM Red shifter completely fail, and got completely drenched in a torrential downpour. Surely this week will be better, please please cycling Gods:cry:

The week before my rear mech failed, so I have now ditched the SRAM, and won't use it ever again unless they replace the parts which were one month out of warranty. I've replaced everything with Ultegra...very happy so far and sure is smooth and quiet!

p.s. Gunfire, you get a special invite as I enjoyed the pain you dished out last ride;)

I climbed Matsuhime from south just 9 days ago, and it was beautiful there!
But this weekend I'll be in Komoro/Nagano-ken for hill climb, so I'm going to miss this chance (again) to meet you in person, Mike!

Eugen

mmm..... tempting! Mike, like I said before, Saturday is difficult for me, but I will post here if it opens up.

Sat is out for me as well due family commitments - but I may do this on Sunday just to compare. It's a nice 1-shot climb to max effort - I need 5 more under my belt after last weekend to get totally rebooted. TOITO not until following week, so plenty of time for pasta.

I dare, I swear I do, but unfortunately I can't make it this Saturday. Hopefully we can hook up soon, though!

Deej

I would love to give it a try, but I have other commitments as well.:(

I dare, I swear I do, but unfortunately I can't make it this Saturday. Hopefully we can hook up soon, though!

Deej

Oh no, is this gonna be a solo mission?:cry:

I dare not. Wouldn't presume. Maybe if it were over two days...

Mike - I'd be happy to join you from Honatsugi. I'm staying in Ebisu and can get the train out from Shinjuku. Rode last weekend with Pete et al over Shiraishi Toge and just here in Japan for a couple of months. I'll be slow on the climb but should be able to keep you company on the flat.

Jonathan

Mike - I'd be happy to join you from Honatsugi. I'm staying in Ebisu and can get the train out from Shinjuku. Rode last weekend with Pete et al over Shiraishi Toge and just here in Japan for a couple of months. I'll be slow on the climb but should be able to keep you company on the flat.

Jonathan

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the reply but due to the lack of response I'll just do something more local. This ride is cancelled:cry:

Back
Top Bottom