What's new

Help Thirst Quencher

mau

Maximum Pace
Jun 13, 2013
Non bike topic, but related,,,

Hi everyone,
Just wanna ask if there's a Gatorade here in Japan?
The most famous flavored thirst quencher and not the common local sports drink here.
Anyone has a source?

Thanks,

water, sugars, salt, carbohydrates, electrolytes (110 mg sodium, 30 mg potassium, 93 mg chloride), high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors
Yum. You might find it in big international supermarkets. But why?

Reactions: mau
'Poor Man's Gatorade': fistful of sugar, pinch of salt, half litre of water. It works for emergency cholera treatment, it should be fine for a 100k loop.

Alternatively, plain water and a chocolate bar will work just as well. Mg/Na/K salts are pretty common in all foods. Keep eating and drinking and you'll be fine.

Reactions: mau
Half-Fast Mike, nothing special sir, its just that i prefer it more than the local sports drink like Pocari Sweat and the like.
I'm more used to it because, and it quenches my thirst more.
Well ive tried looking @ Costco but didn't find anything.
thanks,,,
Amadean, thanks for the input, actually i substitute chocolate bars for power bars, lol.
Since power/ energy bars are not available anywhere...

they have gatorade in some of the 自動販売機 (vending machines).
they have power/energy bars in cycling shops and some of the bigger chemists i've been to.

I've seen some gatorade in vending machines, but its not the flavored one, its the same local sports drink.
I mean when on the run, energy/power bar is not avail in convenient store,
I substitute choco bar for an instant energy bar, or let it melt first in your pocket for an instant power gel. LoL
Havent tried calpis soda on the run yet, maybe ill give it a shot tom.
kiwisimon powdered is much better i think. Thanks for the link.

Calpis is horrible. Go for Aquaries or Pocari Sweat. The Gatorade of the East!

Calpis "SODA" so da ne. LoL

Maybe the just the Gatorade of Japan.
Im from the P.I. and its still east, and we have full of sports/energy related drink e.g. Gatorade, pocari, powerade, monster e., redbull, etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom