What's new

THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ON NOW!!! (sun night)

And don`t forget that if you are thinking it will finish at usual time (12-12:30, Tour De France, Vuelta) and are planning to turn on at 11 to catch the last hour, it will have finished by them (est. finish 10:30-11 Japan time)...unless they just sit in and play cat and mouse.

just a reminder

There are no radios allowed in the world championships, Makes great racing, although I feel during the pro tour they are neccesary I think it is great they are not used here.

Cheers for the link. Noticed it was on now, and came to the site in the blind hope someone posted a link. And ... voila!

There are no radios allowed in the world championships, Makes great racing, although I feel during the pro tour they are neccesary I think it is great they are not used here.

I`m in favour of no radios full stop. I don`t buy any of the arguments for their use, and if they do have to be there, either make them fully open, so everyone can hear what everyone else says, or just communication only from the rider, no reception. One of the few things I am with the UCI on.

The riders were allowed radios in the TT, and it was interesting that Wiggins opted not to carry one. Maybe that was why Cancellara got distracted on the bends ;)

MARK CAVENDISH ...WORLD ING CHAMPION.... .what a race!:eek:

Amazing work by Millar and Wiggins unreal..... then amazing riding by Cavendish.... 10 wheels back, worked his way forward on the inside then just exploded out on his own.

Amazing.

Did you see when they bridged the line for the last lap? Wiggins had gapped the peleton by just riding on the front. He then pulled the best in the world for almost a lap.

I thought Cavendish had blown it but that sprint from 10 back was amazing. He made Cancellara on the other side of the road look like he was going backwards.

Fully deserved, excellent victory. Well done Cav!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Have to blow the Aussie trumpet a little as well.
Goss had a great year..plenty of wins early in the season, then Milan-San Remo winner. Consistent most of the year and had the finish line been 30cm further away last night he may have won...

Well deserved second place.

You can't take anything away from Cav though. Put him in the top 20 riders in a bunch and he'll be there...somehow someway he gets through at the end.

Greipel must feel like the shadow of Cav...:eek:uch: A good 3rd as well...

4th? Cancellara deserves a World's Title as well. maybe next year.

If Australia had fieled Renshaw things may have been very, very different. In my own opinion the Aussie Cycling Federation were idiots not to especailly after his performance at the TOB.

I agree, Cav deserves this thing for his and the UK teams' performance on the day and the outstanding rider he is. It is not only his pure speed, but ability to read the sprint and make the right decisions. People have been calling him dumb, but I am a fan of his because he is both highly emotional and intelligent. Most of the time the two attributes seem to be fighting for the upper hand and that is part of the fun watching him (beside that he is hella fast!)

Maybe the chemistry between Goss and Renshaw wasn't right? Preferring going early by himself to slipping through closer to the line after a leadout?

I would have loved to see Germany better up, but even without an UCI pro-team after the demise of Milram, there is a strong generation of riders coming. I want to see some others on top besides Tony "Panzerwagen" Martin and "never first" Greipel.

If Australia had fieled Renshaw things may have been very, very different. In my own opinion the Aussie Cycling Federation were idiots not to especailly after his performance at the TOB.

Renshaw probably wouldn't have handled the distance as well. In hindsight, yes he would have been a better pick.
The race was a bit too easy over the last 100km compared to previous World's.

Very nice race and a deserving winner! GB locomotive was unstoppable.

I still don't understand why Gilbert or Cancellara did not try to attack, not early, not towards the finish, not a single try.. They chose to sit in the peloton instead and wait for the inevitable - bunch sprint and Cav's win. Why didn't they try to join Voeckler when he went, for example? I am sure if they all worked together, GB train would not catch them. I am a bit disappointed in these guys.

Back
Top Bottom