What's new

Race The Training Thread

Congrats, @baribari, it feels great to see your work paying off.
I also had my first (!) team ride yesterday, and it seems everyone wanted a hammerfest. I personally would have liked to pace differently, but the other members of the fast pack really wanted to hit VO2max and then some on the climbs :flip:

Today I can really feel my legs, even though the ride was only 90 km and ~1,100 m of elevation.

Congrats, @baribari, it feels great to see your work paying off.
I also had my first (!) team ride yesterday, and it seems everyone wanted a hammerfest. I personally would have liked to pace differently, but the other members of the fast pack really wanted to hit VO2max and then some on the climbs :flip:

Today I can really feel my legs, even though the ride was only 90 km and ~1,100 m of elevation.

I think mostly it was because I hadn't tackled that climb seriously in years... hehe

Ordered my new bike... after getting sized on an Anchor sizing bike it seems like I might have been better off with a lower and longer stem.

Coincidentally a friend suggest I try a longer stem, so I bought a 120 off Yahoo Auctions for 1000 yen.

Ordered my new bike... after getting sized on an Anchor sizing bike it seems like I might have been better off with a lower and longer stem.
Woot!
What bike did you end up getting?
Coincidentally a friend suggest I try a longer stem, so I bought a 120 off Yahoo Auctions for 1000 yen.
I think I have a 110/120 mm stem lying around somewhere (not sure which). It isn't anything special, but if you want it, let me know and I can check and ship it to you.

Rode the Kakuda trail yesterday.

DSC_0504.JPG

Raining in town but Cape Kakuda has its own microclimate.

Ride report and pictures below if anyone is interested in checking out the trail.

Cheers, Andy

Woot!
What bike did you end up getting?

I think I have a 110/120 mm stem lying around somewhere (not sure which). It isn't anything special, but if you want it, let me know and I can check and ship it to you.
The Felt FR 105.... ended up being 315,000.

I figure I can always upgrade when Shimano makes a 12-speed groupset.....

@baribari wjich race did you do?

Day 2 today.

I rolled over at 5 as it was raining and nobody waiting in the rain for me. Will drop the kids off at football at 9 and go for a blast...

Andy

I did a race.... was third from last in my class but 15 people didn't make the cut. My TT time was pretty abysmal, though.

congrats to GrantT on his strong showing!

Thanks! It was fun to see the JPT teams out and doing their thing again. Hopefully at least a few more races are put on this year, orJapan could set up a border around Tokyo. That should do the trick.

Another big gravel ride today. Not too hot. The odd rain shower was a bonus.

Lots of animals on the trails today too. It must be breeding season!

The usual blog link and cut and paste below.

Cheers, Andy

「the sun and the rain」

last week's training blog

after a hard weekend
I was tired again at the beginning of last week

also disappointed that SDA otaki is cancelled

but by thursday I'm ready for a gravel KOM attack

on friday some CX on the kakuda trail
great fun!

and today a solo gravel loop in the sun and the rain

even without otaki

keeping the weekly 100km/3,000m big ride theme going!

last week's training:

・monday: recovery (20km) / strength
・tuesday: recovery (15km, 300m)
・wednesday: gravel (45km, 800m) / strength
・thursday: kujiranami rindo KOM attack (25km, 700 m)
・friday: kakuda trail CX (25km, 500m)
・saturday: rest / strength
・sunday: (138km, 3,400m)

without a race to target
I want to enjoy riding my bike

keep fit
keep motivated
ride on!

#imezi #imezi167 #167grv #imezisealant #プロジェクト167

Congrats, @baribari, that's a great result. These are some very fit guys and even finishing ahead of the time cut off is not an easy feat.
By the way, some of my team members also participated and one placed fourth in his category.

It was very amusing to watch the Strava flybys and see how little I managed to avoid the cutoff by....

I didn't quite have it in me to stick with the two guys I was riding with until the end. I did drop someone on the final downhill though!

On my first ride on my new bike I finally got the KOM for the segment I made and have been shooting for several years...hahaha. Although I did have a bit of a leadout for the first km or so.

On my first ride on my new bike I finally got the KOM for the segment I made and have been shooting for several years...hahaha. Although I did have a bit of a leadout for the first km or so.

This is most definitely proof that we all need new bikes. 12 mins PR 😳. Most definitely down to the new (to you) bike. Nothing at all to do with the weight loss and training you've been doing recently

looks like we have a consensus here

Back
Top Bottom