What's new

Ride The TCC Okutama BOOB Challenge - Group Lunch

Was thinking of coming, but steady forecast for rain on Saturday kept me from committing, rightly so it appears.

Will try to be there next week.

both 23rd (holiday) and 25th looks iffy at the moment, but if it changes (and my schedule remains open) I'm in

upload_2017-11-17_21-37-26.png

I can't make the 25th.
But the 23rd I will be out doing something.

Hi,
looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time no see.:gomen:

I will join the leisurely ride and lunch.;)
Tomoko also wants to join the lunch, but it depends on her tomorrow's job. I will write it tomorrow.

Still ON for tomorrow!

It might be cold, so dress appropriately.
If you haven't heard already, the lunch venue has been moved to the slightly less sophisticated "Family Mart".
Any last minute riders are definitely free to join.

If you plan to come by train, there is one leaving Shinjuku (from platform 11) at 7:44, arriving in Musashi-Itsukaichi at 8:48 - Make sure you are on one of the FRONT 4 carriages, as the rear of the train will end up going to Okutama station.

See you there ;)

Hi all,

thank you for yesterday's ride!

My biking was not good because of hang over, lack of sleep and no training.:p But I really enjoyed autumn leaves, delicious fresh air in Okutama and the feeling of TCC ride.:tup
I'm so happy I'm still in the member of TCC!:flip:
Next time, I will be well prepared and make the TCC record(under 3h)! :innocent:

(in the Shinkansen for Hakata)"...Soon, we will reach the Hakata terminal..."

Thanks again and see you!
みんなありがとう、またな!:D

Last edited:
Sorry to bail half-way, but I felt terrible going up Tomin-no-mori, and the prospect of having to do over 180km did not seem appealing. As usual I underestimated the distance from Okutama to Ome and ended up with 165km anyway.

Very happy to have briefly met founding member @Sora for the first time finally.

So can we safely assume that the 3-hour mark has finally been cracked? :)

Was a good day out on the bike. Thanks to @WhiteGiant for organising and nice to meet @Sora for the first time.
The 3 hour record is still a long way away unfortunately. It wasn't helped my my numerous stops along the way to take photos, chat with @saibot as he started to make coffee half way up the climb and to do photoshoots along the way. Weather was perfect, with only the ride to Musashi itsukaichi being bone chilling (didn't stop the crazy Dutchman @Aron B wearing only fingerless gloves). Props to @tigerkamen for completing the course too.
See you on the next one.

So here's a question, how come people's rides on Strava don't seem to show the 'TCC Boob' segment, and results for said segment?

Did the name change?

So here's a question, how come people's rides on Strava don't seem to show the 'TCC Boob' segment, and results for said segment?

Did the name change?
I couldn't see it on my ride when I looked at it on strava, however, if I clicked on Travis's original link to the segment at the start of this thread then it showed my time from Saturday. 3:29

Back
Top Bottom