What's new

The role of the username "TCC admin"

Sibreen

Maximum Pace
Jul 23, 2010
In light of recent events on TCC, I would like to start a discussion on the role of the username "TCC admin".

My opinion is that the TCC website is fantastically well run. I have learnt a great deal of information here, had a lot of fun reading, and made one or two good friends. I also have no personal problem with the individual behind "TCC admin" (I have never met him, in fact, but I hope to ride the Arima Toge East Side segment with him this year if they get round to fixing the landslide).

My concern is whether it is appropriate for a user who bears the forum's name (and is its most active admin) to show explicit dislike for select other members (as in this thread: https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/zipp-404-firecrest-tubular-wheelset-new-zipp-tangente-tires.5189/), or implicit dislike/contempt (as in this thread: https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/detailed-bike-build-thread.5183/).

My point is not that as a private individual "TCC" has no right to feel this way: I think that he does. However, I think that the username "TCC admin" ought to refrain from showing such feelings on the forum.

I would like to suggest a simple solution:
That the "TCC admin" only uses this username when he is in the role of admin. At other times, he would use a different username of his choice.

If anyone has any thoughts or comments, I think it would be nice if they could post them here. I understand that many other users may disagree with me, and that can only be healthy. If "TCC admin" would like to contribute as well, I think that would also be very welcome.

I think you make a good point, but I would also say that this is just the internet and a lot that happens here is more tongue in cheek than you first realize.

Reactions: TCC
Really? GOOD LORD MAN, there was me thinking it was all high brow and seriousness!

Always !

I think everyone is obviously passionate about the sport, why else sign up to join in with the forums? Passion can cloud judgement and the distance which the net provides also gives us the chance to express ourselves in ways we most likely wouldn't face to face. I think we all know this, but forget, when our passions are warmed up. I also think the TCC admin does a good job, but agree with Sibreen that the TCC Admin moniker should be for admin and all other passionate discourse be conducted under another name. Maybe a poll. (a) Cannondale Godzilla (short arms). (2) The flash, (TCC shorts pic) (3) ........ add your own. Peace and ride safe. KS.

I think everyone is obviously passionate about the sport, why else sign up to join in with the forums? Passion can cloud judgement and the distance which the net provides also gives us the chance to express ourselves in ways we most likely wouldn't face to face. I think we all know this, but forget, when our passions are warmed up. I also think the TCC admin does a good job, but agree with Sibreen that the TCC Admin moniker should be for admin and all other passionate discourse be conducted under another name. Maybe a poll. (a) Cannondale Godzilla (short arms). (2) The flash, (TCC shorts pic) (3) ........ add your own. Peace and ride safe. KS.

It had a name before. What happened with that?

I agree with you guys, TCC admin needs to ban himself. His behavior on this site is deplorable and he should be forced to take time to reflect on his negative attitude.

9 users, all regulars, in a single thread directed at me, all agreeing I should not be posting. That is a unanimous lynching.

Looks like I should take TheRavens' advice. I have spent so many hundreds of hours programming and fine tuning this place that it will run itself for at least a few years until any work needs to be done on it, so don't worry about it falling apart after they find my body hanging from the neck in the woods up near the Edogawa.

9 users, all regulars, in a single thread directed at me, all agreeing I should not be posting. That is a unanimous lynching.

Looks like I should take TheRavens' advice. I have spent so many hundreds of hours programming and fine tuning this place that it will run itself for at least a few years until any work needs to be done on it, so don't worry about it falling apart after they find my body hanging from the neck in the woods up near the Edogawa.

don't worry, I will be gentle....

but I also have to agree...

admin should be emotionless...

use another account for being the human...

Screw all your outdated views on what a mod or admin should or shouldn't be this the internet and you will never control it!

eguneryb.jpg

All I can say is, the period after Owen stopped posting under his old account and before he started as the admin was...uh hum...boring...

I think Owen should be posting, as the admin or any other account care do i not.

Only count 3 including the original that have agreed you should stop posting under the TCC name..... I just came to sh1t stir as usual.

I'm with @TokyoTurtle . The forum is a better place with that muppet posting, whether as the admin or under a different username. I personally couldn't care less what username he uses. Keep posting under whichever username you want to.
@Sibreen you are being far too serious and boring recently. Stop it at once, or we'll have to slap you with a wet kipper next time you come out riding (which has been far too long) ;)

I dont see the difference in posting under the tcc admin or in a different account. Unless he has a split personality or you don't know who's the admin is.

I dont see the difference in posting under the tcc admin or in a different account. Unless he has a split personality or you don't know who's the admin is.

One difference.... You can't add an 'admin' to the Ignore list. Others you can.

One difference.... You can't add an 'admin' to the Ignore list. Others you can.
One other difference is the TCC moniker could be intimidating to new members or less thick skinned types. Who do you report a bad post to when it's from the administrator? Framz I happily ignored.

I'm with you guys, Owen is the greatest guy on the forum. Without him this place is just an empty shell of retirees posting long essays of their shopping trips or mid life crisis types dreaming of a lost youth as they stare at the balding dude with sagging cheeks in the mirror. Owen actually brings some life, some spark of ingenuity and resilience to this cavernous dungeon of mediocrity.

So I've changed my tune, Owen stays everyone else gets banned. Owen start banning everyone please, every member needs to be banned, me included. Please get to it and bring some common sense back to this place.

Back
Top Bottom