What's new

The Perp Diaries

The light that turned orange just as I approached?
Nope it was already on red with a green filter turning right. It then changed orange again for the filter and then full red. You went through with the green filter on but on red for traffic wanting to go straight on.

That's not very diplomatic is it? Anyway, I get stuff like this about once a day (even tough I've recently taken commuting via Arakawa to lessen exposure to traffic as much as possible). Cabbies and motor bikes are the worst in my experience. Motor bikes sometimes overtake me on my left, or go between me and a car when there was not enough space as is... Crazy. Let's start a kickstarter or something on developing handlebar mounted flame thrower or laser beam built into the eyewear or some such.

It's not really Motorbikes that are the problem it's scooters they are normally ridden by cocksockets esp. those big "easy rider" type ones with back to front helmets

I have to Add :-

1) Anything German
2) Anything with embassy plates not only do these people think they can park anywhere I think they got their license in lucky bags
3) Tipper trucks and those mobile cranes

This annoys me and generally makes life more dangerous for everyone. Rubbish collectors double parking to save themselves from walking two or three extra metres. So instead of there being a bit of space for me and my bike in Lane 1, Bin-boi is projecting out into Lane 2. So I have to swing out into Lane 2, at the same time passing the clueless rider of a much slower mamachari.

IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG

We need to make up some "I drive like a ****!" stickers, that don't peel off, to slap on offending vehicles.

Just a joke but I really feel like lashing back sometimes.

I thought auto censor was turned off. I can't type tw@?

Just a joke but I really feel like lashing back sometimes.
Yeah. And some people are really unpredictably mentally obsessively over-protective of their cars - you'd think they'd drive them a bit more carefully. Last week I rapped my knuckles on a guy's rear wing as he passed me with microns to spare, to let him know there is actually someone else in the universe other than whoever he's talking to on the phone, and he threw a complete wobbler.

"I didn't
actually hit you, but you deliberately hit my spotless van with your dirty glove." Fifteen minutes arguing with him in the street. I thought he was going to punch me at one point. "So if it's OK for you to hit my van, it's fine for me to smash your bike?" Without a word of a lie, he picked up my bike held it up above his head, hero-style, and got an electrolyte shower from my water bottle. That cooled him down a bit. Wish I'd had a camera then.

I wish you had a camera too. That electrolyte shower would have been awesome to see. Ha ha ha!

got an electrolyte shower from my water bottle

Wish I'd been there for that one. I would've had my little say to back you up.

Did you point out that tapping on a car and killing someone with your car are on opposite ends of the harm scale?

What...a...tosser!

Did you point out that hitting with no harming the car don't go against the law, while smashing a bike and/or killing the rider actually kind of does??

Some examples of why I'm seriously considering giving up on commuting, at least on those days when I can't take Arakawa.

1) Around 11pm, rain, perfect conditions to go cms past a cyclist:

4-13.png

2) Hundred years old, can't move, but wants to cross the road anywhere, not caring about either me, nor the car right behind me. Even when I yell at the geezer and he stares the car (death) in the eyes, he still keeps moving ahead!

2016-4-15(1).jpg
2016-4-15(2).jpg

3) Why yes, I will overtake another vehicle inside an intersection, while running a red light (OK, I did it too) AND cutting them off closely!

2016-4-15b(1).jpg
2016-4-15b(2).jpg

All this from the past 2 commutes, tonight and on Wed night...

Last edited:
After riding for 175 km or so today, I almost got killed 1 km from home.

I'm drafting this car at a decent speed and close distance when another car comes so close, at an angle, that had I not slowed down and moved to my left he would definitely have hit me with his side. It's Kasukabe number too, so beware @D'Pioneer

123243.jpg
234233452.jpg
345345345.jpg

Glad you are OK.
Thanks. Yes, but that was totally due to me slowing down and moving away. If I kept my direction I think it was certain he would just hit me straight... No idea what goes on in some people's heads.

Back
Top Bottom