So, if you had to describe...

What would you be?

Half-Fast Mike; The Danny Baker of cycling

FarEast; The Games Workshop of cycling

StuInTokyo; The A-Team workshop of cycling

GSAstuto; The grandfather from The Lost Boys of cycling

Continue...

Baldrick

One thing living in Tokyo I always hated -- the damn Vampires!

Cables to the flux capacitors hidden in the seat tube of my Bike Friday:

IMG_1851.JPG

Now where do I put that plutonium?

Amadeus? I was expecting the mini-Mr. Coffee centrifuge as well.

Cables to the flux capacitors hidden in the seat tube of my Bike Friday:

IMG_1851.JPG

Now where do I put that plutonium?

I usually end up feeling like the Doctor Octopus of Cycling.

DoctorOctopus.jpg

Must buy a proper bike worskstand!

I seem to remember your passion for modding and painting bits on your bike, plus a Games Workshop enthusiast-level encyclopedic knowledge of cycling.

...and you are into Games Workshop.

still don't get it mate.

still don't get it mate.

Far East -- I always thought you were the MacGyver of cycling, since you were doing some really neat re-purposing of items for handy cycling uses, but you did not get that one either (I guess the show was not a hit in England).

From Wikipedia: "Educated as a scientist with a background as a Bomb Team Technician/EOD in Vietnam ("Countdown"), and from a fictional United States government agency, the Department of External Services (DXS), he is a resourceful agent with an encyclopedic knowledge of science, able to solve complex problems with everyday materials he finds at hand, along with his ever-present duct tape and Swiss Army knife."

still don't get it.

UCI Stupidities

I would like to be referred to as the "Julien Carron of Bremen, Germany". Oh, you don't know who Julien Carron is and, by the way, you don't know what exactly "UCI compliant" bikes are in 2012 as well?

UCI has released a fantastic powerpoint presentation about what exactly that is and the author is, you guessed it right, one Julien Carron who I suspect to be either tax auditor or Swiss precision engineer but most certainly no cyclist.

The full presentation is attached to this blog entry:
http://cyclitis.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/7278/

It is only 53 pages long but full of interesting and perhaps for some of us, eccentric details. Example from page 38:

"Socks (and shoe covers) used in competition must not exceed the mid-distance between the ankle and the knee"

Beware, the UCI fashion police is watching you.

00-uci.jpg

"Socks (and shoe covers) used in competition must not exceed the mid-distance between the ankle and the knee"

For the retention of style and grace, this seems like a thoroughly reasonable suggestion.

They could also introduce minimal length restrictions on shorts; as well as sleeve length requirements on jerseys.

I don't like rules as much as the next man, but on such important, weighty matters they are clearly essential for maintaining the dignity and stylish essence of the sport.

The full presentation is attached to this blog entry:
http://cyclitis.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/7278/

Interesting ...

• It is forbidden to wear items designed to influence the performances of a rider such as reducing air resistance or modifying the body of the rider (compression, stretching, support)
  • Tour of France 2010: a control was made with an x-ray scanner to verifythat no motor was hidden inside the frames

Interesting, my wheels are non-standard then.

"The wheel is qualified as non standard if: Height of the rim larger than 25 mm."

The UCI has a list of approved wheels (vendor/model) with rim depth > 25mm. Your wheels are likely on this list. Wheels with shallower depth don't have/need explicit approval.

For the retention of style and grace, this seems like a thoroughly reasonable suggestion.

They could also introduce minimal length restrictions on shorts; as well as sleeve length requirements on jerseys.

I don't like rules as much as the next man, but on such important, weighty matters they are clearly essential for maintaining the dignity and stylish essence of the sport.

So next on the list will be:-
`every rider must wear two pairs of underpants`

PS: Half-Fast Mike, this isn`t a cue for you to post your (in)famous photo!

Back
Top Bottom