What's new

The nob sock

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
So I was cycling this morning with Mlac Peek and my nob went numb in the cold. I commented on the fact, and to my surprise Mlac peek informed me that he was sporting a nob sock on that his wife had hand knitted!!!

My initial response was WTF? But then as I considered the frost bite that my nob was currently enduring I changed my tune to that being a fine idea, unfortunately my wife doesn't knit. But maybe I can get a woolen sock to roll red hot chilli peppers style on these cold mornings. Anyone else roll with a dick sock like Mlac Peek?

Have you considered using an actual wool sock?

Alternatively...

I sometimes see lost or abandoned baby socks around on the pavement, I'll save one for you next time there's one about.

A lightweight buff or other neck-warmer works fine as stuffing. (avoid drawstrings) Maybe an extra skull cap. And you don't have to explain what those are to anyone...! :)

For extra wind blocking, add a plastic bag as you'd get with some beer/onigiri at a combini. <-even alone, that will help

Last edited:
HTFU and embrocate that dog!

Explains the Aussie. "Is that a kangaroo paw in your shorts or are you just pleased to see me" saying.

Why not just double bag for the winter? But that not being said, check on Etsy. There are some interesting handmade items in that vein. Personally I don't like the added bulk and prefer to use a dance belt or similar as it doesn't put cloth wear the chamois is supposed to be.

Needed the old ski jacket today...forgot to rug up. The mercury was showing minus when I got into the bath...

I have never had this problem, I use my gut as a wind shield, however this morning it was about -7 and heading back home into a headwind I had the displeasure of Chill Bill( Bill being Willy's nickname). Last time I go jogging with a cotton pair of sweatpants in cold weather.

On the final December ride at the Arakawa I also had this problem, but heattech (Uniqlo) long johns + briefs solved it for me.

Back
Top Bottom