What's new

Ride The Monkey's Dozen

Adam Cobain

Maximum Pace
Jul 1, 2014
TMD.png

In the spirit of the infamous Dirty Dozen, a scenic meander around Minakami, Gunma taking in 12 of the best climbs.
Short and steep is the order of the day with a few longer climbs to stretch the legs.
This is a free event and a celebration of Spring in the beautiful Mountains of Gumna.
Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Hope to see you all here.
Course details here:

Last edited:
That is my birthday weekend, so I suppose I should do something hardcore to celebrate...

I have plans in the pipeline to join this ride. Once sorted, I'll register on peatix.com. On a side note, @Adam Cobain There's a group of my former Aus. racing mates, come world trekking junkies, that will be coming to Japan to ride with a support vehicle in late May (Fukuoka to Tokyo, via the west coast). Your lodge, and the surrounding hills will be right up their alley. I'll let you know about the details of their ride at a later date. ;) Love the idea of your setup there. It's a great thing!

Ladies and Gents,

Spring has arrived and that means it is time to shelve the thermals and get a bit of sun on our pale white cycling skin. Spring in the Gunma Mountains is about as beautiful as it gets and The Monkey's Dozen will surely enhance all that nature as you scramble up numerous 15% cols all in the name fun. Here is the link to the website and the rego link is on that page. http://www.bmonkeylodge.com/#!the-monkeys-dozen/c83r and the course
Just to update on the event status:
  • For those that have already registered, thankyou.
  • For those that are coming but not registered, please do so it is free. (I just need to keep track of numbers nad names)
In terms of accomodation and meals on the Saturday night and Sunday morning, we have arranged a Monkey's Dozen package rate of 6000yen with two meals included. I will arrange a pre Monkey's Dozen ride (60-80km, late start) to stretch the legs on the Saturday and spark up the projecter for a classic cycling movie/popcorn night.
  • For those that need accomodation and have contacted me to book, thankyou.
  • For those that need accomodation you need to book soon! Please contact me at [email protected]
Look forward to seeing you here. Any questions please PM or email me.

Cheers,

Adam
Chief Cycologist
Blue Monkey Lodge & Lounge
-EAT-SLEEP-RIDE-REPEAT-

TMD.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom