What's new

Ride The "Lack of cinnamon roll" ride

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
This week I was planning to head out to Nagano for three days of riding in the mountains. The forecast looked very good until a few days ago, when Wed-Fri became three days of rain. I decided to cancel and just do some local rides instead. I decided to head out yesterday with @Musashi13 and @Andy in Tokyo . The route wasn't made until the last minute so I didn't have time to post it on here. We met up at the Spaceship at 7am and headed to our usual riding area around Tokigawa, Nihongi toge etc. We hit quite a few climbs that I haven't done before and would like to do again.

This ride will forever be known as the Lack of Cinnamon roll ride. Anyone who rides with me will know that I really like my cinnamon roll fix at "Hana cafe" on Sadamine Toge. Yesterday, we arrived at the cafe and just as we were getting seated, a stupid woman came into the cafe with her equally stupid family. She then asked how many cinnamon rolls they had. The guy replied "Eight". Much to my disgust, she promptly told the guy she would take ALL of them. Was I not happy!!!!

For the remainder of the ride, I complained heavily about the stupid woman stealing my cinnamon roll.

Anyway, here are a few pics

IMG_3436.JPG

Andy, on the up

IMG_3437.JPG

Darragh on the up

IMG_3438.JPG

That's Rapha you are wearing. No smiling please.

IMG_3439.JPG

Chase me, Chase me

IMG_3440.JPG

The tongue technique

IMG_3441.JPG

Leafy roads

IMG_3442.JPG

How very "Rapha"

Last edited:
You have broken the forum rules twice, I'm sorry you need to be banned for a week.

1) It's against the rules (31.4.2a) to post photos of 3 goons on a fun ride that sneakily takes place on a work day.
2) It's against the rules (633.45.1g -(The macrophotofly addendum)) to assault our eyes by butchering photos with cheap out of the box filters that make no sense.

@TCC please see to it.

You have broken the forum rules twice, I'm sorry you need to be banned for a week.

1) It's against the rules (31.4.2a) to post photos of 3 goons on a fun ride that sneakily takes place on a work day.
2) It's against the rules (633.45.1g -(The macrophotofly addendum)) to assault our eyes by butchering photos with cheap out of the box filters that make no sense.
LOL. Don't apologize.

Is Rapha any good? I used to only ride Assos as the pad and cut was so much better.

Now I have lots of kit and think the materials of Champion System and even Japanese companies WaveOne and Onyone are really good.

Never been a fan of Pearl Izumi shorts though.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Is Rapha any good? I used to only ride Assos as the pad and cut was so much better.

Now I have lots of kit and think the materials of Champion System and even Japanese companies WaveOne and Onyone are really good.

Never been a fan of Pearl Izumi shorts though.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I think you would struggle to find anyone that says Rapha stuff isn't good. Whether it is worth the high price is another matter. The Internet is awash with people only too glad to force their opinion down everyones' throats. From a personal point of view, I really like Rapha gear. On long rides nowadays I only wear Rapha Pro team bibs as they are super comfy and (in my opinion) look rather nice too. I have a couple of lightweight jerseys and a pro team jersey. All are really good quality and will hopefully last a long time. My oldest jersey is only around 18months old but it still looks like new.

I can't compare them to Assos because I've never owned any Assos gear. They are similarly priced and, I'm guessing, of similar quality but I really can't get along with their styling. It sounds sad but when I wear Rapha stuff, I feel good. And as you know, with endurance sports, how you feel mentally is very important.

Oh, and Rapha customer services is pretty damn good in my experience, too. @saibot bought a whole new outfit last year then on his next ride, promptly decided to sweep the the tarmac with his knees, elbows, bibs and jersey. He took them back to the shop for repair. A few minutes later the staff came back with brand new bibs and jersey.

Buy, buy buy

Back
Top Bottom