What's new

Help The Helpful Thread

thanks @Half-Fast Mike I've seen others (sources I consider trustworthy also) recommend this, so I'll try it this weekend and see how far it gets me before trying shims etc

Anyone got any reliable and cheap vendors for sram goodies. Particularly the new axs?
I lot of the regulars have a bit but most are missing some. Bike 24 has some great package deals but won't ship to Japan.

Did I just dream it or did someone on TCC post something about using a piece of pvc piping as a headset cup remover ? Was it @Half-Fast Mike or @bloaker ?
Not guilty; I've not had cause to remove headset cups.However, when building my Lynskey hardtail I made a headset press using sticky-backed plastic*, toilet roll middles, and a pair of Valerie Singleton's old knickers... :flip:

It's the crown race installer that can be made from PVC pipe. I've done it and it works a treat.

Seems a bit tricky to use it knock out the cups, though. For the first cup the tool needs to be able to expand inside the head tube. If the pipe is the same diameter the whole length you won't be able to squeeze it through the cup on the other end. (Hope that makes sense!)

The trick is to take a hacksaw to an aluminum pipe that has a narrower diameter than the inside of the head tube, then cut the ends and expand. Like so...

does anyone know if reach adjustment on shimano hydraulic road/gravel levers should be done before or after the bleed, or does it not matter either way? couldn't find much on this at all.....

any good tips on how to gauge the torque when tightening the hydraulic brake hoses (at both caliper and lever ends)? I've heard of people damaging the olives if it's too tight, but also it can leak if not tight enough. I know the prescribed torque in Nm but when doing it by spanner and hand, any good indicators when it's just enough? I wanted to check this before pouring the oil in tomorrow, just in case

Anyone had a cortisone injection for a joint injury? How was it? I ask because my doctor offered me one last week for residual pain after an elbow fracture (about 19 weeks now). The fracture itself is completely healed btw. I said I'd think about it until my next appointment.

I know a women who got cortisone injections to treat her shoulder pain. Planned were 10 sessions. She stopped after 3. First, the symptoms got worse (which suppose to be a nomal stress reaction of the body). Then, it up set her overall hormon balance for quite a while.
The pain finally was successfully treated with some homeopathic medication and physiotheraphy.
But that's just her experience. Other people probably had different experience. I've heard cortisone injections are used a lot in various (professional) sports and for treating chronical pain. And it's always been hotly debated.
I hope others can provide some more detailed information.

Anyone had a cortisone injection for a joint injury?
Yes. I have osteoarthritis in both knees. I got this treatment a couple of times and it worked well - reduced the inflammation and kept it under control long enough for me to change the things I needed to change to (with some luck) avoid the need for further shots.

Has anyone tried taking a (rinko'd) bike on the bus line from Kawasaki to Sodeguara (Chiba)? I was looking at using http://hnd-bus.com/highway/k-sodegaura/ to shortcut across the bay and try some new routes - didn't see anything about special luggage ticket prices or restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom