What's new

Help The Good Deals Thread. Post your links and shops.

This one comes with 45mm carbon clinchers. - it's advertised as a frameset but I think that is a typo.

Here are the specs.

Eastway Emitter R0 (2016)
Full Carbon frame
Shimano 105 drivetrain
Cosine Carbon wheelset
Tapered Carbon fork
Internal cable routing
Ritchey finishing kit
Product Data
Number of gears: 22
Front Axle Type: 9mm QR
Cable Routing: Internal
Model Year: 2016
Frame: Full Carbon monocoque frame
Fork Material: Carbon
Fork: Full Carbon with Tapered steerer
Steerer: Taprered Other
Bottle Cage Mounts: Double
Front Derailleur Mount: Braze On
Dropouts: Replaceable Rear Derailleur Hanger
Wheel Size: 700c (622)
Wheelset: Cosine 45mm Carbon Clincher
Groupset Manufacturer: Shimano
Brake Levers/Gear Shifters: Shimano 105
Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
Brake Type: Caliper
Brakes: Shimano 5800
Brake Calipers: Shimano 105
Chainset type: Compact
Chainset: Shimano 5800
Chainring Size: 52 Tooth, 36 Tooth
Chain: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano 105
Cassette Range: 11-28 Tooth
Handlebars: Ritchey
Bar Tape/Grips: Lizard Skin DSP 2.5
Stem: Ritchey Alloy WCS
Seat Post: Ritchey Carbon WCS
Saddle: Fizik Antares R5
Tires: Continental Ultra Sport II 700x25c
Pedals: Supplied with basic flat pedals

Last edited:
I recently shipped a bike within Japan and found a company that specializes in bike shipment. The company is *Kangaroo* which is a subsidiary of Seino shipping co. The cost was only 8,000 yen (much cheaper than we found elsewhere). They delivered a very sturdy and large box on the day before shipment. The box is marked well indicating there is a bike inside and should be handled carefully. 500,000 yen insurance coverage included in the contract. Plenty of room for the bike without much disassembly (just removed the front wheel and pedals). Some bubble wrap supplied by the company but I bought some more at the local 100 yen shop. Next day, they picked the bike up. It was delivered on time and no damage to bike or box.

Only downside was that they have a bit of a backlog so had to wait a couple weeks before they could schedule a delivery time.

For folks who need to ship a bike within Japan, this seems a pretty good company that has thought through the needs of bikers.

http://www.cycle-seino.jp

Oh yeah, indeed, it is. It is a hardtail optimized for trails, so a bit sturdier, slacker and a tad heavier. If you want a reliable bike that can do almost anything in the right hands, this is a great buy.

REI has some really good deals on Pearl Izumi and Gore Wear cycling jackets and pants. I just got the C5 trail pants for commuting and notice that the C5 Shakedry was pretty nicely priced too. Worth a look if you like those brands.

REI has some really good deals on Pearl Izumi and Gore Wear cycling jackets and pants. I just got the C5 trail pants for commuting and notice that the C5 Shakedry was pretty nicely priced too. Worth a look if you like those brands.
Isn't shipping expensive for REI from US to Japan?

The item I bought was $125 + $20 for shipping. Still came in well under what I've seen the pants sell for elsewhere.

FWIW, the item I ordered from REI arrived today. No additional charges. Total cost $145. Same item at Wiggle was 18,900. So, saved about $26.

This might be interesting if someone's in market for a new (sorta) bike. Total of 39 bikes with 5800 and 6800 groupsets 50% off in Utsunomiya. No idea about any other details, go straight to the shop, just caught my eye so sharing.

Wiggle had the Selle Italia Max Flite Gelflow saddle on sale for 7,790 yen. Pretty hefty discount if you like the saddle.

Back
Top Bottom