What's new

The Giro!

Carlos Sastre

....there's no one else left is there ?

Charles

Astana is in, right? In which case, Contador...but I won't like it... :(

I'll be cheering for Soler, just cause his helmet is easy to spot bopping up and down on the climbs.

Astana is in, right? In which case, Contador...but I won't like it... :(

I'll be cheering for Soler, just cause his helmet is easy to spot bopping up and down on the climbs.

Di Lukc is in too I think, and he'll be out to prove that you can cheat and repeat.
Anybody but Cantodor.

CSC in dire straights....O'Grady & McGee both crashed out with broken collar bones...last night.
McEwen to win tonight if he can manage to stay upright.

I bet it was a Look pedal...

Oh, man, how annoying that would be to work in a break for 150kms+ and snap your pedal spindle with a 1km to go...

Don't think Millar had a chance at the stage win with that climb to the line, but he lost his opportunity to move up in the standings.

He really needs a new mechanic or something. Remember the famous disintegrating wheel last year?

Great finish. The winner really earned it with every pedal stroke at the end.

Was that the guy that chucked his bike over the fence right at the end?

I wondered what the problem was!

That would be a weird breakage, I have never even heard of that happening before. No wonder he was pissed!

Me, I am waiting for the mountains to start!

Ash

Yeah, the bike tosser was Millar. The guys on J-Sports were saying that his pedal broke, and I took them at their word. Still, chain, pedal--frustrating for him either way, I bet.. :)

(Hmm. Looks like he was given a time equal to the last of the breakaway group (Perez?) so he didn't lose that many seconds in terms of GC...)

Excellent distance, Dave!

Here's his blog report on the incident:

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/2008/05/14/my-chain-reaction/

Not many riders would take the time at the end of a stage like that to write up a report for the public. I tell you, the more I see of this Slipstream team (both on the road and in the media) the more I like them. They even have the only Canuck in the Giro!

I think I could've/would've thrown it a lot further....and at a tree too. A big thick hard tree.
He must have been so pissed off. I wonder if it was tampered with before the race. I've heard of (in days past) people letting air out of tires just before a race....

TCC Chain-Breakers!

So far, we only have two:
Christoph (cinelli), Wada-toge on March 1st. The only reason he was pissed-off was because he finally had to catch a train (not a bad thing, being in Japan) - And then;

Thomas, two weeks later on March 15th, out near Chichibu. He was lucky that our resident "hero", Deej had just purchased a "chain-repair-tool", which saved Thomas a very long walk down from a large-ish mountain with no name.

I don't think either of them was in the mood to start "throwing" their bikes away though. Had they both done so, I would still opt to buy Thomas' "titanium" frame.
Personally, I just don't have the right thighs to break chains.
しょうがない! T

I also must lack the thighs to break chains!

It is very weird though all the same, you certainly hardly ever see that in the super well maintained bikes of the professional peloton. Still, it is a real pisser!
I am sure the doctors rushed in to give that chain the appropriate homoglobus oil transfusion so I am sure it put in a stirling performance the next day...:rolleyes:

Ash

I would like to wonder aloud if there are any fans of Leonardo Piepoli out there?

An unsung hero, deeply ugly with a nose so large it precedes him by several seconds wherever he goes... but a climber's climber. To see him out of the saddle is to see poetry in motion, if you will forgive the cliche...

Well worth looking out for leonardo when we hit the hills!

Ash

Piepoli certainly produced a heck of a pull up to the finish last night. I thought for sure Bettini was going to have it, but that Rebellin stiff ;) got in his way a bit. Contador looked like he wanted to contest, but seemed to fade in the last couple of kms...not sure if that was significant or not.

The 'queen' stage tonight and at last the serious mountains are here!

Contador looking threatening here, but I like Ricco, he's right with him!

Well, Contador in the pink but not exactly stamping his authority on the stages. He looks vulnerable, but his TT-ing can separate him from some of the other climbing GC contenders...

Tonight's uphill TT is going to be key to the final results, I think.

Fighting Spirit Prize goes to Jen Voigt--the big guy managed to finish 18th in one of the most mountainous single days of racing in the entire season.

....Meanwhile, am I the only one raising a Spockian eyebrow at the incredible performances of the CSF team? It's one thing to win a moutain stage...it's another to win two (heck, would have been three except for that puncture) in a row, with two teammates close behind... Ah, well, so the pro cycling world turns.

Well, Contador in the pink but not exactly stamping his authority on the stages. He looks vulnerable, but his TT-ing can separate him from some of the other climbing GC contenders...

Tonight's uphill TT is going to be key to the final results, I think.

Fighting Spirit Prize goes to Jen Voigt--the big guy managed to finish 18th in one of the most mountainous single days of racing in the entire season.

....Meanwhile, am I the only one raising a Spockian eyebrow at the incredible performances of the CSF team? It's one thing to win a moutain stage...it's another to win two (heck, would have been three except for that puncture) in a row, with two teammates close behind... Ah, well, so the pro cycling world turns.

Yeah, both my spockian eyebrows are raised at that too...!

Back
Top Bottom