What's new

The Giro!

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Now this is the kind of phraseology I can get behind! :)

Sadly, I can't claim to be the originator... A well-know sports radio talk show host back in Toronto uses it all the time, so I'm just borrowing it. :)

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Great win! The big guy adds a stage win to his Fighting Spirit prize. Brilliantly timed breakaway; at first it looked for sure to be too early (35km), but the weather, twisty course, and complacency/disorganization in the chase group helped it stick. Nice that CSC managed to make an impression at the Giro.

Funny little sprint between Bettini and Bennati at the end, with Bettini conceding 20m short of the line...

Ash

Warming-Up
Apr 23, 2006
What a hill del mortirola is!

C'mon ricco!!! Attack!!!

anyone but Contador must win this please!!!

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Ha, that hill looked like some of the TCC west-side climbs...

Looks like it's Contador's Giro, barring something unforseen in the TT... Watched the penultimate climb before going to bed, and he seemed in control the whole way. Di Luca couldn't hang, despite only occassionally needing to pedal thanks to helping hands from the local fans... :)

Did you notice that Ricco is at it again with his quote-worthy comments? That kid really needs a press agent or something:

“Maybe Simoni was right when he said I don’t have a strong team here at this Giro,” said Riccò, who has a knack for angering just about everyone. “If I had the team that Contador does, I’d be in the pink jersey right now. The Giro isn’t over, but I have to wonder what could have been.” (Velonews)

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
I went to bed as soon as Di Luca got dropped. Don't think I'll watch tonight.
Those hills looked like torture last night.

Top Bottom