The First Oze-Hinoemata Hillclimb

TOM

Maximum Pace
The same organizers of last year's GIRO DE HOTAKA, have launched a "Village Climb Series" program for this year which will again include the notorious Hotaka (this time with sufficient field marshals).

Coming up next in this program is a hillclimb time trial event in the hotspring village of Hinoemata in the viscinity of Oze National Park (Fukushima Pref.) taking place during the weekend of May 24-25 (2 days).

Day/Stage 1 is a 6.5km time trial and Day/Stage 2 a 12km time trial.

Registration deadline is April 30.

For further details, please check:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/bicycle/race/

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Tokyo
Thanks for the info on the series, Tom. I've been looking at it for some time, trying to find an opportunity to join at least one "stage".

I think I will be going to "The 2nd Shinshu-Otari Hill-Climb", just to have goal and motivation to keep training.
Hope it won't turn too expensive, as I've been spending too much lately.

Have you been there before? Do you know a cheap inn in that area?
Found one where it is possible to stay for 1 night without dinner and breakfast for 6400 yen (not sure if it's cheap for a "no meal stay", though).

TOM

Maximum Pace
Contact Kodama-san

Thanks for the info on the series, Tom. I've been looking at it for some time, trying to find an opportunity to join at least one "stage".

I think I will be going to "The 2nd Shinshu-Otari Hill-Climb", just to have goal and motivation to keep training.
Hope it won't turn too expensive, as I've been spending too much lately.

Have you been there before? Do you know a cheap inn in that area?
Found one where it is possible to stay for 1 night without dinner and breakfast for 6400 yen (not sure if it's cheap for a "no meal stay", though).

No, haven't been there and have no plan to go. It should be an exciting event - not a real race but more cyclo-tourism. For help with accommodation, please contact Kodama-san; he is always very helpful. His email and telephone number is in the English page of the website. Usually 1 night with dinner & breakfast is around 7,000~8,000 yen.