What's new

The Clean Bottle

Bartek

Maximum Pace
Jun 28, 2010
Hello.

If you watch the Tour de France this year, you have probably noticed the Clean Bottle. The commentators (on Versus) talk about it on daily basis.
Does anyone if it is available in Japan?
The shipping costs from N. America are ridiculous.

Thanks

If you watch the Tour de France this year, you have probably noticed the Clean Bottle.
You mean this. What a great innovation!
Does anyone if it is available in Japan?
Not yet, as far as I can tell. I don't expect it will be long.

But if enough people are interested it could be economically viable to place a TCC bulk order, e.g. $30 shipping for one bottle or for twenty.

--HF Mike--

Any thing you put food in or in your mouth has to under go strict testing in Japan and costs a lot! You may find that smaller companies like this aren't prepared to pay out to get a product licensed in Japan due to the limited returns after testing.

Nice idea.
Or you could do what I do and stick the bottles in the dishwasher after each use. Keeps them lovely and hygienic since bugs and fungus can't survive the high temperatures of the drying cycle.
AW.

But if enough people are interested it could be economically viable to place a TCC bulk order, e.g. $30 shipping for one bottle or for twenty.

--HF Mike--[/QUOTE]

If there is a TCC group order, I'm interested.

Seems like this is great marketing that delivers not much more than detergent and a bottle brush. I have never ever gotten sick through my drinking bottles, (beer excepted). Washed, dried and kept dry is all it takes.

A minute drop of of kitchen bleach in each bottle with hot water and then left over night then rinsed does wonders on white bottles

Personally I love the Nalgene or Fuel Belt - just they also seem so expensive in Japan .. the small Fuel Belt squeezables are so great for TT or specialty drink. Plus you can freeze them and then double duty as a back cooler.

Its not so much the bottom of the bottle you need to worry about.
Pull out the nozzle to find the nasties!:eek:

Its not so much the bottom of the bottle you need to worry about.
Pull out the nozzle to find the nasties!:eek:

Watered down kitchen bleach..... works wonders. Actually did the nastiest bottles I had yesterday then through the dishwasher to remove the bleach smell.... came out whiter than white!

But Seriously, they may have been harping on about them in the Tour but I don't think any of the teams were using them and maybe Versus was doing a product placement as there is no team endorsement on the website.

Seriously though do you know how long those bottles stay on the bikes? About 10 minutes if that before they are emptied and thrown in the road side so I don't see why a professional outfit would need them.

The best bottle product to come out for a long time is the Camelbak with the locking teat cap. Those are seriously nice bottles!!!

Back
Top Bottom