What's new

The Chinese Stealth Weight Weenie Bike - a build thread.

Wicked. That looks ace.

Yeah you will spend most of your time in the big ring. Well, you should actually be spending ALL of your time in the big ring, including storming up Sadamine like a hero.

Take your spoke key out on the first few missions just in case you need to tweak, then you are good to go

Nice one.

But disappointed to hear about the presence of in-laws though. I guess that means I can't brainwash you into joining my 'worse than ISIS' gang of disenfranchised young men who I hypnotise with promises of a solution to their loneliness and feelings of belonging. Oh well.
Haha.

Don't worry - I'm firmly in the misanthropic, disenfranchised subset of society. Your machinations may yet pay off.

The change from 52 to 50 is "about" 1 cog. Using Sheldon Brown's gear inch calculator you get this.

View attachment 10218

Oops did the calculation on a 53. my bad.

That proved very handy - cheers! I checked for the correct chainring/cassette setup with the output in kph at 90rpm and it seems to be about 1-2kph slower. I usually pootle along in 52x17, shifting up to 52x15 when I'm feeling a bit feistier. The 50 chainring means I'd have a smoother transition from 17>15>14. Nice.

I have no idea which gears I use when. I just use what feels good. Is that just me or does everyone else know that they use abXyz in such a situation?

Back
Top Bottom