What's new

Thank you Tom and Yukidon, and TCC!

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Some time back in the climbing thread, Tom made a one line comment about putting your hands on the cross bars and sititng up, focusing your energy on your core. And then on the Green line decent with Snowy the other day he made a few comments about cadence and spinning.

I am fairly new to climbing and riding in general and although I have been riding a lot I have been a cycling thug, clubbing my way around. I knew there was a better way and today climbing Tomin no mori I thought about the above comments (and others) I tried putting them into action and I had a break through. I felt what it was to spin, and sitting up on the bike, straightenning my back a bit and relaxing my top half. I hardly got out of the saddle. and although I know Tomin no mori isn't so steep it is long. I was able to keep my cadence up and conserve my energy.

To learn and improve you always have to be open to new things, to changing the way you do things, so thank you guys for sharing your experience and knowledge. Of course I have a long way to go but it's good to know there is a strong sharing community here to ask when the times arise!

Maybe I am on my way to being a real cyclist!

Todays ride-

143km (longest ever), 1209m,(most ever) average moving speed 29.1km/hr

Tomin no mori - 58.58sec (I guess you better get back there quick Takaaki:warau:)

http://app.strava.com/rides/9426795

no worries anthony, i just regurgitate what my coches in juniors and faster members of TCC have taught me....ive found people here are more open to sharing their secrets than people back home, its awesome:D

very happy :) it works for you. Never forget: no pulling - only tensioning towards your navel.

Some time back in the climbing thread, Tom made a one line comment about putting your hands on the cross bars and sititng up, focusing your energy on your core. And then on the Green line decent with Snowy the other day he made a few comments about cadence and spinning.

I am fairly new to climbing and riding in general and although I have been riding a lot I have been a cycling thug, clubbing my way around. I knew there was a better way and today climbing Tomin no mori I thought about the above comments (and others) I tried putting them into action and I had a break through. I felt what it was to spin, and sitting up on the bike, straightenning my back a bit and relaxing my top half. I hardly got out of the saddle. and although I know Tomin no mori isn't so steep it is long. I was able to keep my cadence up and conserve my energy.

To learn and improve you always have to be open to new things, to changing the way you do things, so thank you guys for sharing your experience and knowledge. Of course I have a long way to go but it's good to know there is a strong sharing community here to ask when the times arise!

Maybe I am on my way to being a real cyclist!

Todays ride-

143km (longest ever), 1209m,(most ever) average moving speed 29.1km/hr

Tomin no mori - 58.58sec (I guess you better get back there quick Takaaki:warau:)

http://app.strava.com/rides/9426795

The advice came just at the right time for me to effectively put it into action. Not too steep a hill, and lately I have been getting stronger so I could spend time settling into the position and moving on the bike to find the position to make it work for me.

I'm sure I haven't got it totally right but one step at a time...:bike::bike:

Back
Top Bottom