What's new

Ride Tentative Saitama climbing for July 27 Sat

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
there was nothing on the menu, and suddenly I see the forecast has changed and it looks much better tomorrow than on Sunday. so I'll go out ride the southerly wind north to the usual playing ground (Ogose, greenline, tokigawa) for a climb or two and a train back (not riding into that headwind in this humidity!)

not much of a plan right now, and I'll keep my eye on the forecast updates, but if interested comment below. I've done my legs a bit with two longish commutes yesterday and today, so more of a relaxed pace for tomorrow. meeting places: blue gate around km mark 20 on Arakawa (aka iwabuchi suimon) or further up, the spaceship proper. not decided yet on the start time either, but with the rain in the morning etc it won't be before 8 am for sure.

so is @tigerkamen if the missus allows apparently. let's coordinate here over the next 2 hours or so

I'll be out tomorrow morning but I'll probably be doing a "Zone2" ride. Give me a wave if you see me out and about.

this is the forecast I'm getting for tokigawa area for tomorrow. it looks like the further up north we go from the typhoon/low pressure front south, the drier and safer it is. I just hope they are getting it right. take a rinko bike bag for the return leg, or at least some navigation system if you wanna strike it out on your own, since I know who's not riding back. about 120-130 km from the blue gate, to the ogawa machi station (for a smooth ride back to ikebukuro in always pretty empty train). how about 8 am at the blue gate, 8:30 or so at the spaceship?

1564142874261.png

I'll post after checking another weather update just after 11 pm tonight. also first thing in the morning (a little before 7am?) if it's dryish with some mist/drizzle I'll go, but if the path is completely wet such as that it would immediately ruin our fun (along with all braking surfaces) I'll call it off. but I'm kinda optimistic, based on nothing much but a pure wish to definitely get one ride in this weekend

Sounds good. I've got a work call with Europe in 30 minutes. Will check here after that is over around 11 PM and then again AM. Fingers XX

Let's see what the forecast looks like in the morning, but I assume I will see you at Le Ship tomorrow morning :)

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for taking the initiative Luka, I hope the weather helps us out...

Let's make it happen. Weather, I'm looking at you!

Edit: I'm tempted to ride back tomorrow, because that's often quite funny - but let's see how we get on tomorrow. I may well change my tune after grinding away in the drizzle for 6h :p

forecast actually improved for tokigawa area, even though it is now showing light rain till 9 am in adachi-ku. in any case, it will be a sweatfest. 2 water bottles a must, and of course the usual stuff to keep you on the road (puncture repair kit and knowledge on its use, energy and electrolytes refueling etc etc - you know what works best for you) I reckon @thooms is joining from the spaceship around 8:30? so far I only have myself and @MattRyuu confirmed, so leave a comment or we won't wait around. final call around 7 tmr

1564150147595.png

Apart from the somewhat wet path, conditions are good. Decent and favorable wind, clouds cleared up, at least looking north. Should be fun and I say this is on. See you guys in a while. @thooms confirm your meeting point

Apart from the somewhat wet path, conditions are good. Decent and favorable wind, clouds cleared up, at least looking north. Should be fun and I say this is on. See you guys in a while. @thooms confirm your meeting point

I'm up, and getting prepped. I'll be at blue gate around km mark 20 on Arakawa (aka iwabuchi suimon) at 8.

Great. Waiting for Matt now and we should be on our way soon. With this wind probably before 8:30, but take your time. See you

I'm heading off out now. Might bump into you on my way. You guys going right over the long bridge at route 463 or staying on the left of the river.

Sorry just now seeing this. We went on the bamboo side. Now at the first convini taking a small break. I'll go up to ogose and a small rindo up the greenline, over to shiraishi, drop down sadamine to ogawa Machi. See you if we see you

Back
Top Bottom