What's new

TDF Party!

Ash

Warming-Up
Apr 23, 2006
Hi folks!

Lets have a drink and watch the Tour!

I have started this as a separate thread (following discussion on the TDF thread) and lets call it an Unofficial Tour!

Date: The only stages with any hills that is on a friday or saturday night is stage 7 on Friday July 11th. I think we all agree as drinking chaps (and chapesses) that this would be best. Its still early in the tour and we can always do it again if people want to later on.

Here is the stage profile:

http://www.letour.fr/2008/TDF/COURSE/us/700/etape_par_etape.html

looks like the finish might be fun to watch!

This is an open invitation to everyone at TCC and friends of course.

The telecast starts usually around 9.30-10pm, but I think we can all get there a bit earlier for a warmup beer? :beer1::beer2:

The next question is WHICH HUB do we hit?

Suggestions welcome!

Ash

Participants so far:

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Genghis

Who else?

We are going to organise a sweepstakes, so you might go home richer than when you came in!

Ash

Wish I could go, but will be in Hawaii. Next time for sure - so I can finally meet everyone

Participants so far:

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Genghis

Who else?

We are going to organise a sweepstakes, so you might go home richer than when you came in!

Ash

Ok, Party list is growing!

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg

I am going to check out the Ikebukuro 'HUB' and I will post a definite yes/no on this asap. Should be fine though.

watch this space!

Ash

Me too

TDF plus beer plus betting - sounds great !

Charles aka chazzer

party

Ok! Party list is growing! Watch this space for details as to the place and time next week!

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer

party update

And more for the TDF!

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer
Phil Harris

Who else wants to come?

Ash

Tour de France Party

Hi, everyone!

I'll be glad to join to you for the "TDF Party". Is it ok?
It could be a good opportunity to meet you because, my screddule is a little bit special (work on weekend and day off on monday).

I've just back from Izu. It was nice but unfortunatelly the weather was bad...
I found a very nice road (after the hell of the 1 and 136, one trafic light each 1o meters and may many trucks and buses.)on the east coast ( 17) do you know it?

when I ll understand how send photos, I'll put them on the gallery.

See you soon.

Jerome

I'm there...

Even though that aren't letting Levi ride, I still wanna see the race with a few beers! Peace

I've sussed out the trains. For me to get back home I need to be on the IKEBUKURO(23:33) platform 7 to Nippori to be home on the last train to Noda.
Not much time to watch the riding but enough time to get in a few beers and say hi to everyone.
Do you guys plan on doing an all nighter or going home by last train?

And some more!

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer
Phil Harris
yellowag2rdec (jerome)
Freeride39 (Sha)

Anyone else?

Hi all,

Here is a map to THE HUB ANNEX

http://www.englishok.jp/shops/hub/ikebukuro_eastexitannex/map.php

I have spoken to them and we cannot book unless we all pay out for a dinner set, so I will be getting there a bit early to command a few tables. It would be good if a few of you came with me, say around 7-8?

So far we have the following people:

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer
Phil Harris
yellowag2rdec (jerome)
Freeride39 (Sha)
Travis

All are welcome!

See you there!

Ash

Make sure its the right HUB!

Folks, just a point. Please make sure you hit the right HUB. There are 2 in Ikebukuro, you want to go to the HUB EAST EXIT ANNEX, not the HUB.

Please have a good look at the map previously posted.

look forward to seeing yawl!

Ash

After all the dithering (business trip from Sun)... I'd like to join in and meet some fellow forum members. I'll probably get there about 20:00-20:30 Hrs. Would like to stay until the end but there's something called 'a last train to catch' I heard.

Back
Top Bottom