What's new

TDF Party!

The party grows!

The tour is on people! Lets get together!!!

So far:

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer
Phil Harris
yellowag2rdec (jerome)
Freeride39 (Sha)
Travis
Polymerhead

who else?

Ash

Ash and all,

please count me in as well. I will be there around 7...

chris

Will be there...

... with bells (and lycra) on!
I'll be riding from eastern Tokyo with one of my friends at around 7:30-8:00-ish.
I've been to the HUB-ANNEX several times in the last couple of years to watch various stages of the TDF (Was there on stage 17 a few years back to watch that "dopin' fool", Landis on that awesome break-away stage that pretty much won him the Tour that year).
Hence, if anyone else is riding through town then, and would like some navigational assistance to the venue, send me a PM, and we'll try to hook up on the way.
:bike::bike::bike::beer::beer2:

Ammnd thenn roolllll home reeally shlowlie-ish!
Travis

:eek:Excellent! Things are shaping up nicely in this tour, and although the stage we are watching will not be decisive it will at the very least be interesting. Anyone left way behind at this point can count themselves out.:eek:

here is the current of le grande spectateur! (forgive the french!):rolleyes:

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer
Phil Harris
yellowag2rdec (jerome)
Freeride39 (Sha)
Travis
Polymerhead
Chris

Lets roll!

Ash

Please add me to the list. Should be able to get there around 8ish. Never met anyone before so will look out for athletic looking types drinking orange juice!:rolleyes:
Sad to say I find watching bike racing to be on a par with paint drying (unless there is a spill) But always enjoy a chat and beer.:cool:

Please add me to the list. Should be able to get there around 8ish. Never met anyone before so will look out for athletic looking types drinking orange juice!:rolleyes:
Sad to say I find watching bike racing to be on a par with paint drying (unless there is a spill) But always enjoy a chat and beer.:cool:

The guy with the orange juice might be a bit difficult to locate in TCC. I suggest a more effective way to find a table of bikers is simply to close your eyes and follow your nose...:eek:

so far:

Ash
Edogawakikkoman
Ghengis
Yasuhiro
Ayasechick
Greg
simon
chazzer
Phil Harris
yellowag2rdec (jerome)
Freeride39 (Sha)
Travis
Polymerhead
Chris
Zenbiker

Looking forward to seeing yawl!

hi,guys,

just to say than I work at Harajuku until 9h,
so, I'll come in late, around 9:30, I guess. Is it still ok?

I hope so. So, see you on friday!

Jerome

p.s: I run a lot (for me) yesterday (160 km),I'm a little tired but I really want to hear your experiences of cyclists in Japan!;)

I'll be there at 7ish too...anyone want to meet me at the station (I've got a knack for getting lost :eek:)?

sorry guys, I can't make it :(
would have loved to meet all of you and had a beer or two...
but I just can't get away from work :mad:
sorry! (also for the late notice).
enjoy :D

Yeah, me too. Was hoping to be able to make the trek in last minute but work won't allow. Have to watch at home alone :( Have a good one!

Thank you all for an enjoyable evening and invitations to ride... yes, as soon as the engine finishes its long overdue overhaul, gets run in and fine tuned, then I'll be seeing you all on the road.

Got home safely. Good night....YG and I chatted till about 3 a.m I guess at a pit stop on the way home.... Who won the stage tonight?

... Oh?...

Got home safely. Good night....YG and I chatted till about 3 a.m I guess at a pit stop on the way home.... Who won the stage tonight?

... Was there a race on the television last night? Didn't see it:rolleyes:
>Edogawakikkoman: Thanks Pete for the company home, and the very informative chat! Look for to riding with you again (sober, next time!)

Thanks to everyone else who made it to the HUB! And big "Thanks" to Ash for instigating!
It was also nice to meet "Chris", "Polymerhead" and "yellow ag2r dec" for the first time.
Thanks to Duncan (Genghis) for the sweep-stakes! I don't think it was a Dutch guy who won the race though.
Travis

So I think I totally f*ed up the date and thought it was Saturday not Friday...:confused: This is what happens when I don't write things down.

hi all

thanks to all who made it for a great night, and to the TCC bookie, Duncan, for handling the sweep in a very stylish fashion (well, stylish for someone who had drunk that much!). I was great to see so many old friends and make the aquaintance of some new ones (hope to see you guys on the road soon!).

We will definitely have to do this again! :D

cheers

Ash

TDF Party PostEx Report

Some pics from the awesome party. I wish I had the following Saturday off....but big negative.

Did anyone win the sweepstakes? The bookie picked me a dud! :)

Bookies have to make their money somehow, y'know ;)

Seriously, Shay's friend collected the pot for picking Kim Kirchen. Well done!!

My thanks to all who turned up; was a great time. If anyone is in for one the Alps stages, I'm in!

Cheers,

I am in for an alps stage Duncan, lets check out stages and dates!

Ash

Back
Top Bottom